gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 09:14:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: adult/child - among the best music you've never heard?  (Read 5127 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »

Okay, say there was.... what would you guys put on it?

One for sure would have to be Wouldn't it be nice to live again. The ones who have heard it say it's great. I haven't heard it, so I can't rate it, but it'd be a damn shame if it wasn't included.

If they made another box, which will never happen, but if they did, I'd love there to be stuff on there that none of us has heard before.  I'm sure the material that has yet to show up on boots isn't all lost. There *have* to be some jems.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 05:41:08 PM »

If they're gonna play the game of sticking a few live tracks on; lets get this rare stuff:

Glen Campbell (1965, I have no idea if theres a recording for this)
The Beachago material
The original Beach Boys In Concert (1973- with mess of help and jumpin jack flash)
Perhaps a cleaned up version of I've got a Friend

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

Okay, say there was.... what would you guys put on it?

One for sure would have to be Wouldn't it be nice to live again. The ones who have heard it say it's great. I haven't heard it, so I can't rate it, but it'd be a damn shame if it wasn't included.

If they made another box, which will never happen, but if they did, I'd love there to be stuff on there that none of us has heard before.  I'm sure the material that has yet to show up on boots isn't all lost. There *have* to be some jems.

Have you heard Adam Marsland's cover of WIBNTLA?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »

What I would like to hear, which wouldn't be that popular on this board, but might sell a little bit (with TV advertising), would be an 80 min. CD of a Beach Boys' concert, taking the best versions from a number of concerts. I would like the time frame to be between 1983 - 1998. I would like it to start with "California Girls", play the hits, include the car medley, maybe a couple of singles like "Getcha Back" and "California Dreamin", a couple of rarities like "This Whole World" and "I Can Hear Music", and a great rocking encore featuring the "surf medley". I think the sound would be good, their vocals (both lead and harmonies) were cleaned up after 1983, and it could include about 25-26 songs. It'd be a fun listen.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:57:05 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx