gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 01:02:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson State Theater Minneapolis question(s)...  (Read 1627 times)
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:27:48 PM »

I am going to the Minneapolis show (State Theatre) I've never been to Minneapolis before (I live in Calgary Alberta, Canada).  I only chose this show because it was on a Saturday and I wouldn't have to miss work.  Flying out Friday night and leaving Sunday morning.

I saw all of Brian's Hollywood Bowl shows a few months ago and they were great but I wanted to see a full TLOS show as I think the album is great.  I have an extra ticket if anyone wants to buy it (third row just off center) for face value.  But you will have to sit next to me!

Any Minneapolis folk here?  Are there any good cd shops near the State Theatre?  Is the State Theatre far from the airport?  If any BB/BW geeks want to get together for a bite or a drink and chat about all things BB/BW - I'm game.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:22:47 PM »

The State is not near the airport: the airport is in a southern suburb and the State is in downtown. You can take the light rail train from the airport, it's probably about a 30 minute ride. Otherwise you could drive or get a cab and it would be closer to 20 minutes. Sadly, downtown doesn't have any great music stores anymore since the wonderful Let It Be closed. The best one in town is just south of downtown, Electric Fetus, on Franklin Ave. and 4th Ave S.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »

Thanks for the helpful info Luther!  Much appreciated.

I take it with your opinion of current BB new release offerings that you won't be attending the show (not that there is anything wrong with that)Huh  If I am wrong and you will be attending, find me and say hello (I will be the very sleep deprived 34 year old with a rum and coke in hand)!

Cheers,
Rich
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 11:54:38 PM »

If you have not already, head on over to Brian's site, there may be a pre-show meet up planned.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »

Thanks for the helpful info Luther!  Much appreciated.

I take it with your opinion of current BB new release offerings that you won't be attending the show (not that there is anything wrong with that)Huh  If I am wrong and you will be attending, find me and say hello (I will be the very sleep deprived 34 year old with a rum and coke in hand)!

Cheers,
Rich

Actually I liked TLOS quite a lot. And I will be attending this one, although it may be my last BW show, I think (whether it's his last one here or not). Barring another concert of new material, it's just not worth the prices for me anymore. Nothing wrong with the shows, mind you: I've loved each of the 3 I've seen. Anyway, yeah, I'll be there, the likely drunk-off-my-ass 32-year-old guy being mocked by the lady who will be accompanying me for being such a geek as to pay through the nose (my friends and I tend more toward indie shows that cost $5-15, or are comp'd anyway) for tickets to an old crazy guy's show.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx