gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 04:37:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Murry Wilson song on British 78 on eBay  (Read 3022 times)
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »

I don't think any of our British friends have noticed this yet, as there are no bids placed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350112294500

This is a 78 from the mid-50s, featuring Murry Wilson's "Two Step, Side Step" as recorded by country artist Bonnie Lou.  The seller obviously doesn't know the Beach Boys connection, so it's pretty cheap.  I'd bid on it myself, except that the seller only ships to the U.K. and I'm stateside.
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:52:55 PM »

item description:
"78 single by Bonnie Lou    - Two Step Side Step and Please Don't Laugh When I Cry.

condition good/fair, plays well with with no skipping or jumping, just a few crackles here and there as you would expect from records of this age.

Item will be well packed against the rigours of the postage system.

Please contact for non UK postage. thanks"

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:39:10 PM »

Talking about rarities on eBay: a sealed copy of SIP, on vinyl...  Roll Eyes

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beach-Boys-Summer-in-Paradise-KR-Rare-LP-92-Sealed_W0QQitemZ280279128963QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280279128963&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »

That's a beautiful cover.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »

got this one as well. Indeed a great cover on this format. (doesn't change the music on it for the better though...  Grin  )

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 01:12:06 PM »

Such a shame, to my mind, that someone keeps a record sealed after all those years....kind of like the people who collect classic cars only to garage them in air conditioned rooms, wax them occasionally and never drive them.

First thing I did when I got hold of a sealed, relatively rare 23 years old (at the time) record a number of years ago....was open and PLAY it.

Someone's going to get a bargain with the Murraly-related 78. Can't be bothered myself, I have a clutch of 78's I need to evaluate and possibly put on eBay myself.
art rush
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:38:32 AM »

Such a shame, to my mind, that someone keeps a record sealed after all those years....kind of like the people who collect classic cars only to garage them in air conditioned rooms, wax them occasionally and never drive them.

First thing I did when I got hold of a sealed, relatively rare 23 years old (at the time) record a number of years ago....was open and PLAY it.

yeah i know what you mean... i found a sealed copy of Love You of all things! opened and played it straight away :D
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx