gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:00:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 262456 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 13, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: November 13, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »

The last 90 minutes of this video include The Beach Boys performance at the American Airlines Sky Ball XV Gala in Dallas. November 11, 2017.

Amazing sound and performance!

https://skyball.play.livearena.com/Live/4e8d62f821944525fb7048a41b92f99e

Thank you! It's been added now

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 13, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »

Thanks for this!  Anyone know of a program to download the vid to watch offline? Thx

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 14, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse than Pisces Brothers....   All The Love in Paris live...
Bring Pisces Brothers back!

NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »

Where is All The Love In Paris? I didn't see that in the video!
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »

So it appears the Beach Boys portion of that stream is no longer available. Did anyone manage to download the mp4? None of my usual tools were able to capture it...

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »

Seconding this request for someone who saved The Beach Boys stream to post. I was late to the party.
Sunflower70
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »

Anyone??
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:27 AM »

I tried to ask in one of the other threads if there was anyone that could capture it, because indeed the usual online tools to archive video from these sites did not work.

I figured it would be taken down pretty quickly. I thought it would have been a good tool to study Mike's current lineup. What I was able to watch was interesting and informative. As I mentioned in the other thread, I was surprised how low-energy the band was. Not surprising considering they do weeks of shows with barely a day off. It was one of my first extended chances to hear a non-YouTube-audience quality video of Eichenberger singing, and I was surprised how bland it sounded.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »

I tried to ask in one of the other threads if there was anyone that could capture it, because indeed the usual online tools to archive video from these sites did not work.

I figured it would be taken down pretty quickly. I thought it would have been a good tool to study Mike's current lineup. What I was able to watch was interesting and informative. As I mentioned in the other thread, I was surprised how low-energy the band was. Not surprising considering they do weeks of shows with barely a day off. It was one of my first extended chances to hear a non-YouTube-audience quality video of Eichenberger singing, and I was surprised how bland it sounded.
Any idea what venue the show was at HJ ?....guessing if it was an outdoor fair show, one can/could come away with that impression.  I will say I heard Mike's group last year in a smaller concert hall venue in Seattle and I felt that BE was the blend that has made the current group somewhat more comparable to listening to BW band in the same venue.  I guess what I'm saying is Scott has been given much more to work with having BE in the group.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »

I think the pro-shot video of Mike was from this event, which apparently took place in a hangar:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2017/american-airlines-hanger-dallas-tx-5be09f1c.html

Eichenberger isn't bad by any means; there's a reason he was poached from Brian's band. I just found his lead vocal on "Then I Kissed Her", while technically perfectly fine, to be rather bland and came across like a guy doing a job.

As far as the band being run down in the video, that's purely due to Mike's excessive touring schedule. They did 14 shows in 15 nights between October 21 and November 5 for instance. Foskett sounded a bit flat and raspy, and everybody in the band seemed somewhat low energy. Whatever audience is at the tail end of like 20 shows in 22 nights is probably going to get slightly lesser of a show.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »

WOW.. 14 shows in 15  days..?? I"d be tired also.. LOL .. Someone needs to tell Mike you cant take all that$$$ with you when you pass on.. Slow down a little and enjoy life.. Get a hobby. !!  Imagine being a roadie and have to hump all that stuff in + out ..Oh my..
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2017, 05:38:57 AM »

So it appears the Beach Boys portion of that stream is no longer available. Did anyone manage to download the mp4? None of my usual tools were able to capture it...

Unfortunately, I didn't. Well, then I'll take off the link. Maybe it will pop up on youtube at some time.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2018, 06:52:45 PM »

Rocker. A 54 minute version of the Olympia 69 Show rather than parts.

https://youtu.be/YHdi3zW78pg
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2018, 01:30:07 AM »

Rocker. A 54 minute version of the Olympia 69 Show rather than parts.

https://youtu.be/YHdi3zW78pg

Nice. Thank you! I editied the link

- Jack Rieley
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2018, 04:40:23 PM »

If this counts, on 12/9/17 the boys apparently shot their segment for the Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family show (aired 12/11): https://www.facebook.com/michael.lloyd.756/posts/10156612062709298
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:41:42 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2018, 02:06:21 AM »

If this counts, on 12/9/17 the boys apparently shot their segment for the Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family show (aired 12/11): https://www.facebook.com/michael.lloyd.756/posts/10156612062709298

Thanks! I googled it and found this:

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/monday-december-11th-2017?o=2

Mike Love & The Beach Boys

Lead singer and lyricist of The Beach Boys, Mike Love is joined by his band to talk about their new album “Unleash the Love,” available in stores now. They even perform for the audience.

Couldn't find a video though. Apparently they performed "Little St. Nick" and Mike's "Unleash the love". Do you know where the location they performed at is?

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »

I found documents relating to the April 21 1965 shindig appearance and it was actually taped on April 7 1965 not march 29. Also I found articles that show that the lost concert was taped before march 10 1964 and hence badman's date of march 14, which we copied for our book was incorrect
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »

Lead singer and lyricist of The Beach Boys, Mike Love is joined by his band to talk about their new album “Unleash the Love,” available in stores now. They even perform for the audience.

Couldn't find a video though. Apparently they performed "Little St. Nick" and Mike's "Unleash the love". Do you know where the location they performed at is?

They "performed" (mimed) Unleash and St Nick the week prior to whatever that performance on Facebook documented for Hallmark Channel at the Christmas tree lighting ceremony, as detailed in another thread here. "Unleash" was never aired, but it was done as this audience video shows below. And again, it was a lip-synch job, not a performance. So it's not a big loss at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5lzE4a9oyM

Looks like Mike got a tie-in deal with Hallmark Channel somehow through his management, which is a shame because Hallmark had to break away from their Christmas movie marathons to show whatever Mike was offering, lol. Not much discussion of the appearances, so I guess it wasn't widely watched?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:53:19 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »

I found documents relating to the April 21 1965 shindig appearance and it was actually taped on April 7 1965 not march 29. Also I found articles that show that the lost concert was taped before march 10 1964 and hence badman's date of march 14, which we copied for our book was incorrect

That's interesting new info, Ian. Thank you. I edited the list.

They "performed" (mimed) Unleash and St Nick the week prior to whatever that performance on Facebook documented for Hallmark Channel at the Christmas tree lighting ceremony, as detailed in another thread here. "Unleash" was never aired, but it was done as this audience video shows below. And again, it was a lip-synch job, not a performance. So it's not a big loss at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5lzE4a9oyM

Looks like Mike got a tie-in deal with Hallmark Channel somehow through his management, which is a shame because Hallmark had to break away from their Christmas movie marathons to show whatever Mike was offering, lol. Not much discussion of the appearances, so I guess it wasn't widely watched?

Ah, allright. So this one was probaby playback as well. Maybe we'll find a video that makes it clear.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:55:09 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »

Michael Lloyd posted to Facebook a nice video of “Little Saint Nick” from the Hallmark Home & Family shoot: https://www.facebook.com/michael.lloyd.756/videos/10156612065219298/

He said it was shot at the Universal Studios lot in his post I linked earlier. A correction to my post earlier—looks like it was actually shot on the 8th. Facebook is displaying Lloyd’s post as on December 9th in Eastern Standard Time though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:35:59 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:13 AM »

Michael Lloyd posted to Facebook a nice video of “Little Saint Nick” from the Hallmark Home & Family shoot: https://www.facebook.com/michael.lloyd.756/videos/10156612065219298/

He said it was shot at the Universal Studios lot in his post I linked earlier. A correction to my post earlier—looks like it was actually shot on the 8th. Facebook is displaying Lloyd’s post as on December 9th in Eastern Standard Time though.

Thanks. But I realize it's mimed to a pre-recorded track, so it wouldn't be a candidate for the list.
I really don't know about these things, so I apologize if this has been discussed over and over, but I see there's the Beach Boys logo behind the band. As they apparently played "Unleash the love" as well (see the article I posted above that mentions that that is a new Beach Boys song - although to be fair it says Mike Love and The Beach Boys) wouldn't this be a violation against the BRI license? I don't want to start a Mike bashing festival, I really don't know about the legal side of it, but it's also interesting to me to see these kind of details, especially after the lawsuit against Brian for that free CD in ~ 2005

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2018, 07:17:48 AM »

Thanks. But I realize it's mimed to a pre-recorded track, so it wouldn't be a candidate for the list.
I really don't know about these things, so I apologize if this has been discussed over and over, but I see there's the Beach Boys logo behind the band. As they apparently played "Unleash the love" as well (see the article I posted above that mentions that that is a new Beach Boys song - although to be fair it says Mike Love and The Beach Boys) wouldn't this be a violation against the BRI license? I don't want to start a Mike bashing festival, I really don't know about the legal side of it, but it's also interesting to me to see these kind of details, especially after the lawsuit against Brian for that free CD in ~ 2005

Your question and curiosity about how BB name license works is a absolutely justified.

The long and short of it is that once Mike hits a stage or other public performance venue, whether a concert hall or a TV studio, and whether he's playing live or miming, he *can* use the "Beach Boys" name.

I've always wondered why BRI wrote the license to allow Mike to use the name for TV appearances and things like that rather that solely public, ticketed concert events. TV appearances are kind of a weird animal that's in between a "concert" and a "released recording." In my mind anyway. Especially when he's plugging a solo album recording.

But yes, outside of releasing music, Mike can use the "Beach Boys" name for mimed or live performances, TV or "regular" concerts, and he can perform any music he wants.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: January 25, 2018, 07:52:47 AM »

Your question and curiosity about how BB name license works is a absolutely justified.

The long and short of it is that once Mike hits a stage or other public performance venue, whether a concert hall or a TV studio, and whether he's playing live or miming, he *can* use the "Beach Boys" name.

I've always wondered why BRI wrote the license to allow Mike to use the name for TV appearances and things like that rather that solely public, ticketed concert events. TV appearances are kind of a weird animal that's in between a "concert" and a "released recording." In my mind anyway. Especially when he's plugging a solo album recording.

But yes, outside of releasing music, Mike can use the "Beach Boys" name for mimed or live performances, TV or "regular" concerts, and he can perform any music he wants.

Thanks man! It's getting complicated at times  Cheesy

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: January 25, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »

Anyone know where and when this is from?

The Beach boys Live 1998 Surfin' Safari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvdqqlxHNCo

It features David and Matt Jardine.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx