gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:52:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro Shot Beach Boys Concerts  (Read 262411 times)
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »

So, anyone got more info about that?
About the Mesa Ampitheatre?  Google Maps, at least, seems to confirm that it is, indeed, located in Mesa, AZ.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2013, 02:55:16 AM »

So, anyone got more info about that?
About the Mesa Ampitheatre?  Google Maps, at least, seems to confirm that it is, indeed, located in Mesa, AZ.

Yes.
Allright, thank you! I'll change it

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »

Thanks to the contributions in the youtube-thread we have now footage from Washington '85 (4th of July) and the complete Berlin '94 show (and as I write this I see that the same user as Japan '91 and Brian in Norway '07 online which I will update after having written this message).
Since I haven't always posted here when I updated the list you might want to take a look and check out a few links.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Nicko1234
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »

Thanks to the contributions in the youtube-thread we have now footage from Washington '85 (4th of July) and the complete Berlin '94 show (and as I write this I see that the same user as Japan '91 and Brian in Norway '07 online which I will update after having written this message).
Since I haven't always posted here when I updated the list you might want to take a look and check out a few links.

The Brian in Norway concert is a tad painful at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPNVknCRpTk
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:50 PM »

Brian - "Thank you all for coming tonight! It's great to have you come"

Razz
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »

The Brian in Norway concert is a tad painful at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPNVknCRpTk

Love and Mercy is really rough.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »

Brian sounds good on And I Kissed Her
Nicko1234
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

Brian sounds good on And I Kissed Her

Just a shame about the other 20 songs.  Grin

It's nice that he looked animated at that gig though.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »

Haven't really looked at the whole list but I noticed that you are missing a bunch of things. How about the footage of the bbs playing in London on nov 14 1966? Or the silent footage of Brian and the bbs playing in Hawaii on August 25 and 26 1967? Or the footage of the bbs in brighton in 1969 singing rock and roll woman?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »

Thread on the Norway gig from 07 if interested.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,4139.0.html
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:45 AM »

Haven't really looked at the whole list but I noticed that you are missing a bunch of things. How about the footage of the bbs playing in London on nov 14 1966? Or the silent footage of Brian and the bbs playing in Hawaii on August 25 and 26 1967? Or the footage of the bbs in brighton in 1969 singing rock and roll woman?

The list should only include professional footage which would count out the London '66 and Hawaii '67 stuff as those are home movies (if I'm not mistaken). If the Brighton '69 footage is professional I'd love if you could give me the dates. And of course if you have more candidates just post them here and I'll add them.
Thanks for infos so far!

- Jack Rieley
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2013, 08:31:33 AM »

The list should only include professional footage which would count out the London '66 and Hawaii '67 stuff as those are home movies (if I'm not mistaken). If the Brighton '69 footage is professional I'd love if you could give me the dates. And of course if you have more candidates just post them here and I'll add them.
Thanks for infos so far!
London '66 is definitely pro-shot, just no sound on most of it... on the other hand Hawaii '67 is a notch or two down from pro for sure.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »

Thanks for infos so far!
London '66 is definitely pro-shot, just no sound on most of it... on the other hand Hawaii '67 is a notch or two down from pro for sure.

Didn't see your post. Thanks for the info! I added London '66.

Does anyone have the dates for Brian's studio concert at Capitol for TLOS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIPi8wAxDg) and his performance at Abbey Road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNe77LVl_gI) ?

- Jack Rieley
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »

June 27, 2008 - London, England (Abbey Road Studios)

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »

June 27, 2008 - London, England (Abbey Road Studios)

Thanks! Added it

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »

I renewed some links that weren't working anymore.
And if anyone has the date for Brian's performance of TLOS at Capitol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIPi8wAxDg) please tell me.
I also need some clarification if the dates and links for the Endless Summer Tv Special are correct.

You'll see that I also changed the layout in a very basic way. I thought it looks nicer now. But if you have another early concert shot in color that has something iconic about it let me know and I might add that one. I couldn't find a better picture of the early BBs than the one I used. 

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »

Looks great to me.  Smiley I've never heard anything about the 1980 Seattle film though. What's the story on it?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2013, 04:53:10 AM »

Looks great to me.  Smiley I've never heard anything about the 1980 Seattle film though. What's the story on it?

Thanks! Glad you like it.

I don't know the story behind it. IIRC I got the info from this site:
http://www.rockandrollondvd.com/rich_text_178.html

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2013, 06:40:29 AM »

Thanks! Glad you like it.

I don't know the story behind it. IIRC I got the info from this site:
http://www.rockandrollondvd.com/rich_text_178.html
Thank you very much for that link! I may have to do some investigating.  Grin If I can only figure out how to e-mail him...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »

I have a hard time believing only two concerts pre-1965 were filmed. Is this correct, or is there other footage out there that's unreleased.

AGD's site mentions that two shows in February '65 were filmed by a german camera crew but no footage ever surfaced yet. I'd like to know what exactly his sources are, maybe one could get more information.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:11:46 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

In case you didn't know, i compiled almost all the concerts/sessions info for agd's site and i am responsible for that info. It comes from a hit parader article and was confirmed by an article in a  contemporary yonkers newspaper
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »

In case you didn't know, i compiled almost all the concerts/sessions info for agd's site and i am responsible for that info. It comes from a hit parader article and was confirmed by an article in a  contemporary yonkers newspaper

Yes, I thought that you probably had input with that but wasn't sure and hoped that you would reply to my posting. Guess it was obvious enough  Cheesy
I wondered though if a TV station was named (ARD, ZDF?) or something else that would give a hint where one could ask. At that time german TV had only two or three stations I believe and maybe there's still something in the vaults. On the other hand, maybe it was not for a TV station but for another project.

metal flake paint just gave me some infos regarding the '77 Central Park show. At least snippets for six different songs were filmed by different TV stations. Not sure about whole songs but I guess it is possible.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:58:24 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »

I'll have to go look through my archives (12 binders full!!!) but I don't think it stated that.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »

In case you didn't know, i compiled almost all the concerts/sessions info for agd's site and i am responsible for that info. It comes from a hit parader article and was confirmed by an article in a  contemporary yonkers newspaper

Yes, I thought that you probably had input with that but wasn't sure and hoped that you would reply to my posting. Guess it was obvious enough  Cheesy
I wondered though if a TV station was named (ARD, ZDF?) or something else that would give a hint where one could ask. At that time german TV had only two or three stations I believe and maybe there's still something in the vaults. On the other hand, maybe it was not for a TV station but for another project.

metal flake paint just gave me some infos regarding the '77 Central Park show. At least snippets for six different songs were filmed by different TV stations. Not sure about whole songs but I guess it is possible.

If there really were only 2 or 3 stations at the time ( and those still exist) it would seem a fairly easy task to find whether they have anything

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »

If there really were only 2 or 3 stations at the time ( and those still exist) it would seem a fairly easy task to find whether they have anything

Well, it depends on if they were shooting for a TV station or something different. A "camera crew" doesn't have to work for a TV station. But since german TV had some interesting programs for music in the 60s (Beat Club for example) I'd hope for something that maybe might get found.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx