gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:55:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2022 Tour Thread (Plus Archived 2021)  (Read 58347 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2022, 11:17:33 AM »

While I could be proven wrong and for all I know some sort of tour could be announced tomorrow, the sense I'm getting is that we're unlikely to see any more touring, and possibly any more shows of any substantial sort.

The way the end of the tour this year went down, with increasingly challenged performances and reports, then a swift cancellation of the hand full of additional shows set for some time later, tells me that it's quite possible they had a lot of these realizations during the tour, but decided (whether one agrees with it or not) to finish out the tour. Again, I think the joint tour aspect of that particular tour could well have dictated why they finished the dates. Had they been Brian-only, I think we may have seen the tour end mid-stream if not sooner.

So I don't have a strong sense at this particular moment that I need to be concerned about *future* shows, because I just don't see it happening. Again, I could be proven wrong. And I certainly would love to see more Brian shows if he's up to it. But I think he's got to be in *at least* 2021 "shape" for that to happen, and even that's not exactly a high bar to set. While the later 2022 shows may have been even more problematic, it appears all the gigs from 2022 had a lot of the same issues/challenges. It may have varied a bit from night to night.

I think the more broad question is whether any leveling with fans should happen regarding Brian's general situation, even outside of any live performances. I'm sure fans would feel better if we saw some indications he was still active. He did make an appearance with Darian in the studio a little while back, and also recorded the birthday video bit for Al. But the video for Al was tough, because it was good to see Brian and good to see him seemingly in okay shape. But it was also clear he wasn't really able to sing still particularly. His singing *sounded* like it did during the 2022 dates, just minus the complete disengagement.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2022, 12:28:25 PM »

Al chimes in, FWIW:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/12/al-jardines-still-having-fun-fun-fun-with-beach-boys-brian-wilson-and-on-his-own.html?fbclid=IwAR2W9qG61R5bN4WkaEYYYJbBphDDYigFqpBpZlhzbCHgDGnP3EDUNWSWVrA

Q: Brian canceled the balance of his 2022 dates during the summer. Do you think we’ll see him back on the road ever?

A: I’ve got a feeling, yes. I believe there are some offers for next summer coming. I’m just speculating -- a final tour this year, maybe. Why even say that, though? As long as we’re healthy...Brian doesn’t give you much as an entertainer, because he’s really introverted and he’s a really a studio genius, a songwriting genius, arranger. He does love to be out there, though, and when he’s on, man, watch out.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2022, 09:35:28 AM »

I just stumbled upon a good, though incomplete recording of Brian's 10/10/21 concert at the Kodak Center in Rochester, NY. I was attendance that night, and found Brian to be engaged and participating. His vocals are also pretty good, and he sounds particularly strong on the first verse of Sloop John B. The first couple of songs contain video, done before the security guys got to them. The rest are just audio. Sorry Help Me, Rhonda is missing as are Blondie's songs. I post this not only because it's good listening, but it seems to me that it's in rather stark contrast to the videos I've seen of Brian's 2022 performances. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqDoewBH1zsSXJPY9Mc7Bi6bQXaStenZW
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx