gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:11:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tandyn Almer  (Read 18151 times)
arfarf
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »

I recently scored and just spun tonight the Paper Fortress 45 on VMC about a half-dozen times--it's that good! Both sides are written/produced by Tandyn & Eddie Hodges (and both arranged just by Tandyn) and it's one of the most impressive floral power fruitcake slices of '60s psych that I've heard in decades. Plus it's a definite 2-sider. Did some research on this disc and found out that this is Erik Braunn's (of Iron Butterfly) first band circa '66 - '68.

It's definitely got the Boettcher stamp of approval sound and is a pretty darn sophisticated disc with all sorts of meter/tempo changes, amazing backing vocals, and (on my favorite side "Butterfly High") remarkable bass harmonica rifs reminiscent of some Smile arrangements. Surely there is a story here! Anybody got anything to add?
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 02:19:20 AM »

Brian can do what he likes, the worst thing about the 'menage a trois' is that he might have squashed you, seeing as this was late 70s and he was prone to eating lots of food and not showering! (I'm sure somebody here knows the precise date and can verify it! Razz)

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 04:51:47 AM »

Most interesting thread on this forum for a long while.

Can someone remind me exactly what TA's contribution was to Marcella and Sail On Sailor?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »

He wrote the original lyrics to Marcella, from what I've been told.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

He wrote the original lyrics to Marcella, from what I've been told.

He also wrote the lyrics to Beatrice from Baltimore, which was changed into You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx