gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:20:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ebay - WIBN "Uncorrected Proof"  (Read 2373 times)
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:50:52 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncorrected-Proof-Wouldnt-It-Be-Nice-Brian-Wilson_W0QQitemZ110296449968QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110296449968&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

"A Rare find in San Francisco. This book is the REAL DEAL! "Wouldn't It Be Nice" Copyright 1991 by Brains and Genius This book is the UNCORRECTED PROOF. Complete with crossed out sentences (brought back to life as a separate sheet included with this edition. The cross-outs are VERY interesting; obviously necessary to protect the identities and activities of VERY significant people and events. This book is about as close to listening to Brian REALLY tell it all as you're gonna get. Notice the page count. THIS edition has ALL the original 416 Pages. All other versions have at least 80 pages of juicy details CUT OUT. Serious collectors only."

might be worth a new lawsuit or three!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »

"Uncorrected proof" -- that means the final, released version, right?

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
JB Wilojarston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:06:32 AM »

No, it does not mean that.  From the uncorrected proof stage, a book will usually go through another round of proofreading and, often, editing before the commercial version is printed. Because some publications have long leadtimes, publishers send out these early, not quite finished, editions to reviewers in order to have reviews coincide with release dates.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:09 PM »

Hmm....no photo and the seller has only 1 feedback.
JB Wilojarston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »

Hmm....no photo and the seller has only 1 feedback.

"Hmm", is right.

I don't think the uncorrected proofs of this book are as rare as this person would have you believe; publishers typically send out plenty of copies to their priority reviewers. And the lined out portions? It sounds as if someone (the dealer?) compared the proof with the published edition, made the markings in the proof and transcribed the edited out portions to a separate document, for easy access to the all the "dirt."

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »

No, it does not mean that.  From the uncorrected proof stage, a book will usually go through another round of proofreading and, often, editing before the commercial version is printed. Because some publications have long leadtimes, publishers send out these early, not quite finished, editions to reviewers in order to have reviews coincide with release dates.

I used to be an editor -- I knew that...Smiley

guess I should have put a winky in that post or something...what I meant was...the actual released version seems uncorrected! (For example, apparently Banana wasn't a beagle originally but somehow transformed into a beagle between 1965 and 1966, if the photo captions are to be believed...)

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »

So Banana morphed.cool
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx