gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:59:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laurie Biagini Finally makes it to YouTube!!  (Read 3561 times)
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 02:38:25 AM »

I have been waiting for her to, for about a year. She is an AMAZINGLY talented lady. Writes and records all her own music.  It is surf/ power pop style. Very soothing to the ears. Her vocals are a nice mix of Annette Funicello and Karen Carpenter. She has only gotten going in the past few years and is a very fast learner. I feel I can optimistically say ,.... she could, with the proper exposure and promotion even revive surf music again. Her music is original but in the vein of The Beach Boys / 60's

Check both her debut video "Mr. Guru"  here
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O8IAIiHfiX0

Also her "Under The Tropical Moon" is here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4_DNLPWJfMY

and her website here
http://www.myspace.com/lauriebiaginimusic

Being a huge fan, I eagerly wait for her debut CD.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:28:57 AM by Alf64 » Logged
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »

Transcendental Meditation For any other Laurie Biagini fans, here is a jingle she did for Zest Radio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7NmiB2KBNA
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:33:54 AM »

I now have an outlet for any emotion I have. Like she had unlocked a door to a room I had forgotten about. Brian's Trip I hadn't written since 1984. Though then, all I could do was 1 verse or so. I guess not enough life experience to draw from.  Roll Eyes So far since August 26th, I now have 59 song lyrics written and in the US copyright office. I have another one I am now working on tonight about a COLD supervisor at work. I am calling it "Ice Princess"  Evil LOL I am hoping to get pointers and maybe a collaborator with my songs.  High Five Since without, they have no music or harmony parts.  Ahhh! My songs are in many different styles. Surf, car songs, silly, love songs, country, sad depressing ones too. Several are written in different lyrical style too.  If only it would pull me back into music. And around musicians again. Serenade Sadly, most of the inspiration I have in my immediate surrounding is depressing. I have written enough of THOSE type already. I want more fun ones like the feeling hers present.  Transcendental Meditation I have and will always try to find a way to thank Laurie by referring to her in as many songs as I can artistically and ALWAYS trying to show her respect.  Bow I NEED to follow my passion as she had suggested to me last October.  I do NOT want to waste away in the local walmart.  Thud
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 05:02:18 AM »

Although her music has helped me through the toughest time of my life... so far, if I never met her it would be OK, since I never had that in mind.  Shrug IF by some chance I ever did get a chance to meet her, I would want it by her decision and on her terms. I have met lots of celebrities in the 80's with my brother who was a DJ then, so I am used to being around them. I know many of them are actually quite shy.  Poke

Her and my short friendship meant the world to me as it helped boost my confidence just enough to carry on. Knowing she is a VERY busy lady with her job and music career now, for her to take any time out of her life to send me a message was meaningful.   Listening I had someone in the "business" I once was a small part of. And I could compliment her on any new songs directly to her. I have never had that opportunity in my life. So I may have come across as an "excited puppy".  Roll Eyes
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »

Brow As you may have seen, I haven't left any comment to Laurie's debut video. THAT is a story in itself. NOT that I don't want to show how glad I am for her every success, but that I have been blocked by "the poster" of the video. Apparently showing praise DOES backfire. The same response as showing insults. VERY odd world we live in now I guess. I created something to Promote the artist and showed respect and got chastised for it. You'd think any celebrity would appreciate their fans. Since a fan can talk about them, whether good  w00t! or bad.  Angry For me, I use the new medium available now. More coverage. I prefer to brag positive about people though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:41:59 AM by Alf64 » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx