gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:16:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hushabye  (Read 2964 times)
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »

I've been recording some songs up at my friend's studio...all covers.  I'm not the best singer in the world, maybe not even in the 50th percentile, but I love to sing and record!  One of these days I'll take a voice class to learn to sing better.

Here's my attempt at Hushabye at 2 in the morning a few weeks ago...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ftceap

Be kind.  Smiley
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:22:38 AM »

Congrats on giving such a tough vocal a shot, first of all, not to mention being willing to share it. I think you don't give yourself enough vocal credit: you clearly have the range to hit even the high notes. With some more control, I think you could improve on your performance. But that's the kind of thing that takes confidence, which takes practice and time. Stick to it. Singing, playing, recording: it's all great stuff, and I'm glad you're into it. Out of curiosity, what sort of studio does your friend have?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

Congrats on giving such a tough vocal a shot, first of all, not to mention being willing to share it. I think you don't give yourself enough vocal credit: you clearly have the range to hit even the high notes. With some more control, I think you could improve on your performance. But that's the kind of thing that takes confidence, which takes practice and time. Stick to it. Singing, playing, recording: it's all great stuff, and I'm glad you're into it. Out of curiosity, what sort of studio does your friend have?

Um, that's basically everything I wanted to say. You have the range - the key to even better vocals is control. And as Luther said, it takes practice and time. But if you love singing, it won't be too hard!

...and you made me want to do the same thing (take the track+backing vocals and add mine). I might do it and post it if I'm satisfied with the result!

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »

Out of curiosity, what sort of studio does your friend have?
Thanks for the encouragement...my friend just has a home studio in his apartment.  We wait until late at night when the outside noise is limited.  He has a really good mic, a small soundboard and a Mac.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:14:34 PM »

Um, that's basically everything I wanted to say. You have the range - the key to even better vocals is control. And as Luther said, it takes practice and time. But if you love singing, it won't be too hard!

...and you made me want to do the same thing (take the track+backing vocals and add mine). I might do it and post it if I'm satisfied with the result!

There were some parts where it was really hard for me to control my vocals, and I kept running out of air, so breath control was a challenge too.  There were some parts that I had to redo two or three times.

I used the version from the 1990 LDC/ASL twofer.  The lead vocals are all on one side, and the background vocals are on the other.  My friend just eliminated the left speaker and reproduced the sound from the right speaker on the left.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx