gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680877 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:16:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: let it be (the film)  (Read 4965 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

is this going to be released sometime soon?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:33:14 PM »

With how popular the Beatles are, I don't understand how this isn't on DVD, with hours upon hours upon hours of bonus footage. The fans (aka everyone who listens to music besides cynics) would eat it up.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
MBE
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »

It's actually pretty good, and I think another 90 minutes or so would be great. A lot of the footage and material though is too loose and just too lousy to put out.
dsl
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 01:34:22 PM »

I really hope it comes out soon. It is really annoying to not have it officially released. I think I heard somewhere that it's stitting all remastered and everything and they just don't to put it out. When they put out "Let It Be...Naked" it would have been perfect to put it out, but they didn't. I mean, if they can take the time to remaster the recordings for a 20-minute audio montage, why couldn't they just put out the movie???

Angry >:(Stupid Apple.... Angry Angry
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 01:41:04 PM »

i agree. which also brings up another good topic: beatles unreleased music. for being the most popular band, they don't have alot out besides the anthologies. But the beach boys have at least had a lot done to their catalog (remastered, stereo, alt. etc)

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »

also, what about Magical Mystery Tour comming to dvd? I have it, but the quality is as good a bootlegged copy...it needs updating and special features!!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »

Would love to see the "Let it be"-movie out on DVD. It may not be their best stuff, but interesting to see all the way. Especially the rooftop-concert in remastered sound and picture would be cool

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ana-Lu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »

I always thought that one of the issues that held up the release was the missing tapes, which were recovered a few years back.  I'm not sure what's happened since then.

I've also wondered if Paul doesn't want it released.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »

Yeah, Paul's having a real tough time on deciding if he wants to make millions or not.    LOL

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Ana-Lu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 05:50:01 AM »

Yeah, Paul's having a real tough time on deciding if he wants to make millions or not.    LOL

Remastering the Beatles' catalog and including mono/stereo/US and UK mixes would make Paul a lot more money than the Let it Be film, which even some of their biggest fans might avoid.  Paul wants to make money, but he's also very controlling of the Beatles' brand and reputation. 
DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 03:18:49 AM »

I always thought that one of the issues that held up the release was the missing tapes, which were recovered a few years back.  I'm not sure what's happened since then.

I've also wondered if Paul doesn't want it released.

From what i've heard they don't want to released it as (if you've downloaded a copy & seen it) it's a pretty miserable time for all involved.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx