gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:42:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is anyone going to the Chicago show? Just listed on BW.com  (Read 3220 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »

At the Chicago Theater on Nov. 16th. Meet up?Huh? Smokin
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:43:50 PM by DonnaK » Logged
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »

Since it doesn't look like they'll be playing 'sconsin, I'm going to try to make it to the Chicago show.  No promises yet.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »

Come on Jeff, make the drive, tho it IS for a Sunday night!!!!!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »

I'm soooooooo going!

Ooh, I wonder if we'll see the Channel 7 crowd nut after the show. Smiley  [aka computer genius Vincent P. Falk]

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »

Right now it's looking about 70% that I'll be joining you guys.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »

So who is in charge of the meet up?Huh?
Jim McShane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 10:41:09 AM »

I'm going for sure - the Chicago Theater's a great place for a concert, and I have high hopes for a great show. BW and Co. seem to pull off some great performances in Chicago.

I can't wait!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »

I'm glad they're coming to Chicago, considering the panning that both of Chicago's major newspapers gave TLOS. Personally, I'm f**king addicted to it! Listened to it twice on the way to work this morning! (That's how slow the Red Line was -- that in an eight-mile trip on a "rapid transit" train, I could listen to the whole thing twice.) Anyone has the right to dislike or even hate the album, but I can't see how anybody can. I sooooooo can't wait!

I hope they show the animations....would love to see those...

I don't know about any meet-ups, but my wife and I are probably going to do a pre-dinner concert at P.F. Chang's or the Weber Grill Restaurant...personally, I feel the Weber Grill is a better way to honor Brian. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Breakaway
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »

I'll also be going!  Cheesy  I haven't seen Brian live since 2005 when he was last in Chicago. Plus, I absolutely love TLOS so I can't wait to see and hear it live!  Does anyone know when the tickets might go on sale? The concert doesn't seem to be listed on the Chicago Theatre site or on Ticketmaster yet.

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times."
"Oh, reality, it's not for me, and it makes me laugh."
"All these people make me feel so alone..."
MBE
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 12:44:15 AM »

I am going too, but the tickets aren't on sale yet. I am just going to try every night until it is. Not sure where I am going to eat first I just know somwhere around there.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »

The presale starts at 10 am on 9/26 and the password is lucky!!!!  I've been trying to get a little meet up going with some of the "folks" on BW.com, but I just can't work with those people!!!! Too sarcastic or something. Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up before even in front of the theater (I'll be smoking at the curb!), or inside the venue, that will work. I think that it would be nice to say hello to the fellow BB.BW.et al freaks amongst ourselves that we converse with during the year!!! If inot, I'm going to have to pop for a ticket for my sister in law who doesn't really care about BW anyway, just to have someone to talk to!!!!!! Help me people!!!!
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:13:58 AM »

see ya there    Grin

-Dennis Wilson, 1970
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 08:42:59 AM »

I think I'm one section away from GoofyJeff....row P....

I can't wait to 1) see Brian again, 2) hear TLOS live, and 3) go to the Chicago Theatre...I've really been wanting to go there...never been there before!

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »

The presale starts at 10 am on 9/26 and the password is lucky!!!!  I've been trying to get a little meet up going with some of the "folks" on BW.com, but I just can't work with those people!!!! Too sarcastic or something.

Ever think maybe it's because....they don't know you??? At all??? I (sadly) frequent the bluebir--'scuse me, blueboard--for news, info, to correct the ignorant, and to have Andrew Doe correct my own ignorance, and I've seen your plight, but i must be honest and say that I don't recognize you.

Having said that, have I ever met up with people I've chatted with online?? All the time.

I've met up with both GoofyJeff and the McCabes. And you know what? It was after several years of interacting with them, getting to know them in other capacities, trading tapes, etc., before I felt comfortable enough to get together with them in person. Ditto Dan Addington (who I wish would stop in to this board!); in fact, by a coincidence, we both ended up moving into apartments that are two blocks away from each other after we had been good friends for eight years. But my wife and I didn't get together with him until after we got a feel for him, his reputation, etc.

And you really want to get together with some of the....crowd...at Brian's board?? A crowd that has included Melinda practically putting a restraining order on a former user? (Won't say who it was, but just to give you an idea of one of the things this person did, she claimed that either she or her mother -- she doesn't remember -- took the picture of Brian that's on the back of the Holland album -- in 1963. This person also claimed to have dated Brian at one time and that he wrote a certain song about her -- a song that 1) his name isn't in the credits for because 2) it was not only a song the Beach Boys covered, but 3) the Beach Boys did it as a cover of a cover. In fact, this woman was so obnoxious that one of the metro area's major radio station's talk show host's was talking about how this woman ruined an otherwise great Pet Sounds concert.

Then you have a certain couple there who seem to follow Brian everywhere and who think that absolutely nothing the man could ever do could ever possibly not be the most brilliant thing in the world. One of the band members was doing a Q&A session at a friend-of-a-friend's house, and they actually managed to get in on it, and while most of the crowd asked really interesting questions ("Is it true that you guys are singing 'sue it again' at the end of 'Do It Again'? No? Well, then, what ARE you singing?", "Why did Brian vote against Al performing concerts, essentially cutting off Wendy's and Carnie's income?", "Tell me the story about such'n'such a song off your latest album," "What's going to be included in the Smile concerts?" etc.), these two were constantly "contributing" "questions" like "I'd just like to say that I think it's wonderful that you and Brian are touring. He's so wonderful." -- on more than one occasion. On more than two occasions. ON MORE THAN THREE OCCASIONS....ughgh..... I'd love to know the questions that didn't get asked because of that.

And another common poster there has quite the opposite reputation as he or she thinks he or she has, and that comes directly from a certain [past or present] band member [which may or not be Brian himself].

I can say no more.

Other than that, I can see no reason that people would be so cautious about people they socialize with.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:56:04 AM by 37!ws » Logged

DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »

I just assumed that since we were all fans, to one degree or another, that it would be fun to get together even to just say hello before the show, either in the lobby, or in front of the theater, to put a face on the name's we've been chatting with online. No harm, no foul meant. I don't want to become soulmates with these people, for goodness sake. Some are too overboard in the fan department for my liking, if you know what I mean!!

I'm going to the South Bend show, and we've planned a small get together before the show to have a bite to eat and say hello. We've emailed each other and that's it. I'm sure it will be a fun time. Some of the folks on the blue board do seem a bit overzealous in their regard for Brian ie that've known him since he was 12 (in their minds) and are very protective of him. Those kind of people I really don't want anything to do with.

I bought a ticket for the Chicago show for my sister in law/best friend so we're just going to go and have a good time. I'm anxious to see how she reacts to his new music as she does like the old stuff the BB did.

I don't know what to do to get these people to know me, and what better way than to say hi in person. Screw them if they don't like me. I do and that's all that matters to me!

Enjoy the show, I know I will.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx