gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680874 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 01:27:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shows and sessions for 1983 now up on 10452  (Read 11759 times)
Jason
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »

God bless Brian Wilson. Sticking it to the Man Up Above.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:02 AM »

Unfortunately-like many clips that were up before-the Seattle 83 clips appear to no longer be available on Youtube.  Filming looks professionally done-rather than by a fan...but not sure about who filmed it-is it possible that the American Band documentary folks were filming it?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »

To reply to some earlier discussions- I checked the Seattle Times and the BBs were indeed at the Kingdome in Seattle on May 22 1983 after a Mariners baseball game. All six members were there and that is the show that can be found on Youtube.  The review -with photos-is in the May 23 Seattle Times.  Turns out the Arizona app was on May 21 (it was a two day fest-but BBs only played first day).  Carl was back in Seattle a month later (June 22) for a solo show at Parkers-to support his 2nd album.  This is all updated and correct now at Bellagio.  We also found and added a few more assorted shows to 1968, 1980, 1981, 1982 as well... I found a nice story about the BBs Feb 20 1982 app at BYU in Provo.  Being a Mormon institution, smoking is a big no-no, but BW ignored all the angry glares and chain smoked a few packs on stage anyways.  Exact quote "Other members of the BBs group tried to get Wilson to stop smoking during the concert and even took his cigarettes away from him.  But...the piano player found more cigarettes during a break and continued smoking in front of the 17,000 students" Amusing
I am pretty confused about that Seattle Kingdome show now. I am a huge hardcore fan of The Who. I have a dvd of them taken at a concert in 1982 at what is called the Kingdome. Now, this show has been talked about in books, and it is common knowledge among who fans and "experts" that this 1982 show was at the Seattle Kingdome. The problem is, the "Kingdome" that The Who played was an indoor building, and looks nothing like the football field that The Beach Boys played. I'm not saying you're wrong Ian, but obviously there is a big discrepency about this issue. Where there two different Seattle Kingdome's?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2008, 09:08:34 PM »

Jay -- It is the same Kingdome regardless of how it looks in the Who video and how it looks in the BB video.  It could be how the two different shows were shot that gives them a different appearance.  But I'm absolutely positive the May, 1983 Seattle show was at the Kingdome.  I have the full show on DVD.

The arena was the site of both the Mariners and the Seahawks.  It was an indoor, air-pressure inflated building much like the Metrodome in Minneapolis or the old Hoosier Dome (I think it was called) in Indianapolis.  I've never seen the Who video so I can't make any comparisons personally.  Your assurance (Kingdome) is good enough for me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:14:07 PM by GLarson432 » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 01:12:26 AM »

Jay -- It is the same Kingdome regardless of how it looks in the Who video and how it looks in the BB video.  It could be how the two different shows were shot that gives them a different appearance.  But I'm absolutely positive the May, 1983 Seattle show was at the Kingdome.  I have the full show on DVD.

The arena was the site of both the Mariners and the Seahawks.  It was an indoor, air-pressure inflated building much like the Metrodome in Minneapolis or the old Hoosier Dome (I think it was called) in Indianapolis.  I've never seen the Who video so I can't make any comparisons personally.  Your assurance (Kingdome) is good enough for me.
In my dvd of The Who at the Kingdome, Pete Townshend sarcastically calls the building a "fishtank". I'm not sure what that means....

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »

I have a good friend named Galen that was at the Provo Utah show..His 1st BB show..School was not amused by BW antics..!
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2008, 07:54:42 AM »

I have both Stones shows at the Kingdome from 1981 and it is the same stadium like the one the Beach Boys played.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx