gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 11:09:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryman performance in November?  (Read 3621 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »

I would love to attend this performance but the BW website doesn't indicate if it will be a hits show or TLOS.  I want to see TLOS. Some of the upcoming shows are listed as hits and some TLOS.  Tickets are not yet on sale.

Do any of you have any information on if this will include TLOS?

Gotta say, this music has burrowed it's way into my brain and i can't wait to see it performed.
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »

Have you been to the Ryman before? I'd go watch the Wiggles just to get into the door of that building. So much history, it truly is a magical room. I've seen a couple rock shows there (Moe. ,Widespread Panic). I'll be making the trip up form Atlanta to see Brian there. Hope you decide to go!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »

Do you know if it will be TLOS or hits?
Wilsonista
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »

I'm 99% sure that the November dates will be TLOS.

But anything is possible.
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:18:13 AM »

Looks like they updated Brians site. It's listed as Hits and the entire TLOS. You get the best of both worlds. Kinda sucks that its on a monday for us travelers.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »

That is on a Monday, the day before US Veterans day.  If you are a public employee, you might have a nice 4 day weekend by taking a day off on Monday.

I might do just that.
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

Doesn't look like tickets are available yet, in fact not listed on the Ryman site.  I'm there...it's a 2 hour drive.

I saw Levon Helm there last fall....sounded great.  Not a bad seat in the house.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »

http://www.livedaily.com/news/14901.html

Brian Wilson lines up more dates behind 'Sun'
Published September 18, 2008 11:09
By Tjames Madison / LiveDaily Contributor
Brian Wilson has lined up more complete-album performances this fall of his latest studio release, the song cycle "That Lucky Old Sun."

The veteran singer/songwriter and Beach Boy will play the entire album as well as hits from throughout his career during the run, which kicks off Nov. 10 in Nashville, TN. The 11-city outing will stick mostly to the North and East throughout its month-long duration. Dates are below.
On "That Lucky Old Sun," Wilson collaborated once again with longtime writing partner Van Dyke Parks and bandmate Scott Bennett. The album--described by Wilson in a press release as an "interwoven series of 'rounds' with interspersed spoken word," and as an autobiographical travelogue of sorts--was recorded at Capitol Studios in Hollywood.

The set, the singer/songwriter's first studio effort since his 2004 re-recording of the Beach Boys' "Smile," marks Wilson's return to Capitol/EMI, the label that launched the Beach Boys' career with the 1962 hit "Surfin' Safari/409."

"I'm thrilled to be back home with Capitol, and I'm looking forward to sharing 'That Lucky Old Sun' with everyone," Wilson said in a press release. "This music is really special to me."

Wilson premiered the new material during a series of concerts last fall at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

[Note: The following tour dates have been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]
November 2008
10 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditrorium
12 - Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theatre
13 - South Bend, IN - Morris Performing Arts Center
15 - Minneapolis, MN - State Theatre
16 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
18 - Washington, DC - Warner Theater
19 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
21 - New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
22 - Glenside, PA - Keswick Theatre
23 - Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre
25 - Westbury, NY - Westbury Theatre

Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 11:38:08 AM »

Another update has been posted! Presale starts thursday morning at 10am. Password is: Sun.  Thanks for starting the disscussion, it helped me talk myself into making the drive up from Atlanta. I'm just glad that I have a couple PTO days to burn at work!
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 08:25:29 AM »

Just got my seats...Center Balcony 3rd row! Cant wait. Anyone got any suggestions for sightseeing downtown? I know for sure that I'm gonna hit Gruhns Guitars and Ernest Tubbs record shop. Any others?
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 08:34:45 AM »

There are some really cool music related t-shirt shops around the 2nd ave. area in downtown Nashville.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »

Sounds like my type of shop, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it! Thanks
holeypeacoat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:18:08 PM »

Just got my seats...Center Balcony 3rd row! Cant wait. Anyone got any suggestions for sightseeing downtown? I know for sure that I'm gonna hit Gruhns Guitars and Ernest Tubbs record shop. Any others?

I'm not aware of any great t-shirt shops on 2nd Ave that aren't touristy slogan type places..but hey, I could be wrong.  If you want to go to cool record stores and you have the time I recommend:

The Great Escape (Great Vintage Vinyl/Music Memorabilia)
http://www.thegreatescapeonline.com/

Grimey's (Old/New Vinyl - Check the Just Arrived Bins)
http://www.grimeys.com/

Phonoluxe (Huge Vinyl Selection)
http://nashville.citysearch.com/profile/9332634/nashville_tn/phonoluxe_records.html

Also, the Country Music Hall of Fame is cool.
http://www.countrymusichalloffame.com/site/

Maybe even a few folks from the Beach Boys earlier days might show up at this one..

hp

CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »

I'm not aware of any great t-shirt shops on 2nd Ave that aren't touristy slogan type places..but hey, I could be wrong.  If you want to go to cool record stores and you have the time I recommend:

The Great Escape (Great Vintage Vinyl/Music Memorabilia)
http://www.thegreatescapeonline.com/

Grimey's (Old/New Vinyl - Check the Just Arrived Bins)
http://www.grimeys.com/

Phonoluxe (Huge Vinyl Selection)
http://nashville.citysearch.com/profile/9332634/nashville_tn/phonoluxe_records.html

Also, the Country Music Hall of Fame is cool.
http://www.countrymusichalloffame.com/site/

Maybe even a few folks from the Beach Boys earlier days might show up at this one..

hp

I don't know of the specific names of the shops.  I am from Knoxville, a couple of hours away, and haven't been to Nashville in a while, but I have been to some t-shirt shops that had some really cool stuff that I hadn't seen anywhere else.  Anyways, I can certainly vouche for the Great Escape and Phonoluxe as awesome record stores!  I used to visit those two shops every time I would go to Nashville to visit my dad without fail!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »

I do recommend the Great Escape.  Interesting neighborhood near the school.  I picked up several BB albums there a few years back including original vinyl stak o tracs with music inserts.

If you have time there is a lot to do there.  Go to any Nashville tourist website and look around.
holeypeacoat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »

I do recommend the Great Escape.  Interesting neighborhood near the school.  I picked up several BB albums there a few years back including original vinyl stak o tracs with music inserts.

If you have time there is a lot to do there.  Go to any Nashville tourist website and look around.

if it was the stack-o-tracks that was on the wall behind the counter (it was there a while) i've listened to your record!  i'm really looking forward to this show and the meet and greet at Grimey's the day before!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx