gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 02:04:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Lucky Old Shopper  (Read 1962 times)
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »

Don't you just love surprises?

I went down to Costco today looking for other stuff. As always, I checked the CDs. Happily, there was the CD of TLOS, which I already have.....but a bit farther down was a box of brand new Capitol LPs!

I about fell down, vinyl records, of all things, at Costco in 2008. NOT what I expected.
The prices on TLOS and Pet Sounds Limited Edition seemed a bargain at $12.99.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »

That's a terrific price for the TLOS LP.  I paid twice that for mine.  In my opinion you'd probably be better off avoiding a new Pet Sounds pressing and instead get the 80's green label or the Carl and the Passions version.  Both of those will sound considerably better and can be had for the same price.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 02:17:20 PM »

I have those also. This PS is staying sealed.  Smiley

DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:56:01 PM »

Did you happen to see any POB/Bambu?Huh
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 03:59:21 AM »

Perhaps Capital is pushing all the Beach Boys records now that Brian has returned to them.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 09:59:15 AM »

Fantastic, that Costco has LP's....might check my nearest Costco to see if they have any!

Thoroughly 120% recommend the Pet Sounds special edition. I spent $30 having one shipped to the UK from the US last year.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »

Did you happen to see any POB/Bambu?Huh

Unfortunately not. I don't go there too often, but I did check it out shortly after the POB/Bambu release and later; there has never been any sign of it in any format there.

My local locally-owned music store, which does carry vinyl, has not stocked TLOS or POB in vinyl. They only recently got the POB CD set in. They have a large stock of TLOS CDs on hand though.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:57:56 PM by DoveNest » Logged
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »

Last weekend I saw no evidence of TLOS in any format in my local HMV (Luton, UK). It wasn't in the new releases section,  nor the "summer" section, didn't have its own display and in the "pop/rock" section they didn't even have any Brian at all! They did have a small Beach Boys section in "pop/rock" but only had a compilation and Pet Sounds.

So I tried the favourite record shop from my childhood, which is still a proper independant shop. When SMiLE came out they recieved the vinyl a few days in advance. They have the CD, but desipte ordering it have not recieved any vinyl LPs of TLOS yet. Not good.

I have the LP but I thought seriously about buying the CD last weekend, before I read about the alleged poor quality. Almost glad i couldn't find it now!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx