gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:04:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian interview on Pitchfork  (Read 2518 times)
hapman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »

He didn't even know that Dennis recorded a solo album... ouch

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/145269-interview-brian-wilson
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:35:15 AM »

I don't know. Surely he did once know about Pacific Ocean Blue, right - it's inconceivable to think that he never in the late 70s, hanging with his brother and all, never realised Dennis had released an album?! So he must have either forgotten about it, or it's too painful to talk about? That is a bizarre and awkward interview - you feel for the guy conducting it, but you'd think he'd not bother asking about a BB reunion. That has to be the sure-fire way of getting BW to clam up.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:40:49 AM »

I don't know. Surely he did once know about Pacific Ocean Blue, right - it's inconceivable to think that he never in the late 70s, hanging with his brother and all, never realised Dennis had released an album?! So he must have either forgotten about it, or it's too painful to talk about?

Well he has definitely heard it as it has been mentioned by Dennis and Brian in various interviews.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »

I think he knows that Dennis released POB. It's been mentioned in probably half the interviews he's done. Does he ever talk about his brothers much? No. POB is probably deeply personal to Brian and he probably has no interest in talking about it in public so he claims he never heard it. I remember reading that Dennis claimed Brian was laughing, crying, and walking in and out of the room constantly when Dennis played POB for him. Brian might have messed himself up over the years, but I don't think he's that bad.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »

Remember, Brian said for years that he had junked the Smile tapes -- sometimes suggesting he had burned them or destroyed them in some way.

It's just another way for him to close off a line of inquiry.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 12:26:16 AM »

A classic example of Brian not wanting to do the interview and getting it over as rapidly as possible, not caring how he comes across.  Sad

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
hapman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »

The only trouble is, Pitchfork is one of the most popular music sites these days - if Brian does an interview like this in the Haywood County Gazette or whatever, that's ok, but now zillions of young hipster Pitchfork readers think that Brian Wilson is like completely bonkers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:35:08 PM by hapman » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:00:10 PM »

The only trouble is, Pitchfork is one of the most popular music sites these days - if Brian does an interview like this in the Haywood County Gazette or whatever, that's ok, but now zillions of young hipster Pitchfork readers think that Brian Wilson is like completely bonkers.

I was just reading a blog where the Brian And Zooey interview was posted, and was amazed at how many young guys and girls (like me) are aware of Brain's drug use etc..

I guess that's Brain's rep 'the insane rockstar', which is better than nothing  Grin

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/27746514.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:01:14 PM by Wild_Honey-In_Stereo » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx