gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:03:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pleasure Island...Brians next album?  (Read 19662 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »

I don't know about this guys. This is the same dude that has been saying he is going to put out a rock and roll album for the last 13 years and that he was going to do a children's album with VDP (and we got the Christmas album instead. Go figure.) A lot of times I think he just says things to get people excited and never actually does them (or they never get released.)

Almost -  I reckon he just wants to make people happy and tells them what he thinks they want to hear. As to whether it'll happen or not is a different matter.

He's JUST like our builder:

"Yeah, of course I'll be round tomorrow to fit the Velux. Why has it taken six weeks to do a four day job? Eh, well, erm, I'll be round tomorrow..."

“We live in divisive times.”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »

I believe he has been saying they recorded 18 songs as a part of that spree.
Yep,
and it sounds like he's written more.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »

Pleasure Island: A Rock Fantasy . . .

I can see it now. Palisades Park (A Rock Opera).

Why not . . . Carnival of Sound . . . picking up where Jan Berry left off ?

M.

I'd like to see that direction. We've seen so much of the scarred/recovering/lay down burden Brian that we sometimes forget that Brian had a "fun" side, too. Let's take your car and mess around at the park all day!

And, yes, Carnival Of Sound.....I have to hear the original "Blowing My Mind" on CD. After "Easy As 1, 2, 3", it's my favorite Jan & Dean song. I would love to hear The Beach Boys or Brian cover that one - maybe with Glen Campbell as guest lead vocalist. police
Jason
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 10:12:16 PM »

Pleasure Island

AN ALBUM OFFERING BY BRIAN WILSON

Yes, he's BACK and BETTER THAN EVER! The legendary Brian Wilson, formerly of the fabulous Beach Boys, has released his follow-follow-up to the legendary SMiLE LP of 2004. The album will feature some covers of legendary songs rewritten in Brian's signature style, as well as some newbies but goodies, for those of you who believe Brian hasn't written a melody worth a damn since the Vietnam War.

Tracklist

Side A (THE REMAKES/REWRITES)

1. The Man With All The Toys
2. So Long
3. Rollin' Up To Heaven (Hot Tub, Big T*ts)
4. In My Room
5. Hey Little Tomboy
6. One For The Boys

Side B (THE NEW STUFF)

1. In The Palm Of My Hand
2. ¿Donde Está Mi Pechugas? (Mexican Girl Part II)
3. What's That Smell?
4. Rock Hard
5. Jungle Snake
6. Ready, Willing, and Able

With super-cosmically hidden bonus track:

Rockin' The Man In The Boat
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:15:01 PM by Cap'n Groovy » Logged
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »

Message Man is awesome.

Absolutely! Possibly my favourite from the whole of TLOS at the moment with the exception of maybe MAD.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 01:04:34 AM »

One For the Boys with Brian's band would be kickin'.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 04:03:56 AM »

Pleasure Island

AN ALBUM OFFERING BY BRIAN WILSON

Yes, he's BACK and BETTER THAN EVER! The legendary Brian Wilson, formerly of the fabulous Beach Boys, has released his follow-follow-up to the legendary SMiLE LP of 2004. The album will feature some covers of legendary songs rewritten in Brian's signature style, as well as some newbies but goodies, for those of you who believe Brian hasn't written a melody worth a damn since the Vietnam War.

Tracklist

(...)

HA! It's a HOAX! No "Proud Mary" in the tracklist!!!  Grin

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 04:12:26 AM »

Yeah, I think a good hard rockin' album is a great idea for Brian, I wouldn't mind "Proud Mary," but another cover would be great; as well as a good eight or ten new BW rockers. If "Goin' Home" is any indication, he can do those very well now.

One thing that I've been thinking of, though, it would be nice to have Brian do half of the lead vocals and half, Scott, Darian, Taylor and Jeff do one each, to add to the diversity. I think that would work out very well. Any thoughts?

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »

One For the Boys with Brian's band would be kickin'.

Yeah no kidding. That's one of my favourites from BW88

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

Yeah, I think a good hard rockin' album is a great idea for Brian, I wouldn't mind "Proud Mary," but another cover would be great; as well as a good eight or ten new BW rockers. If "Goin' Home" is any indication, he can do those very well now.

One thing that I've been thinking of, though, it would be nice to have Brian do half of the lead vocals and half, Scott, Darian, Taylor and Jeff do one each, to add to the diversity. I think that would work out very well. Any thoughts?

Agreed. Said as such on another thread. BW songs sung by others still make a BW album to me. He allocated the leads to various BBs depending on the sound he wanted yet in his 60s he or his management think only his voice is capable. Brians first few solo albums were just his voice multi-tracked then later albums had his band doing the backing vocals. The next logical step would be some younger blood.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »

It would be a nice way for him to age. He could still be putting out albums into his 80s if he did that (hell, Bacharach was 78 and put out a solo album), without sacrificing soaring vocals.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »

Sigh.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

Well, What ABOUT that new BW album that has been in the works?   Haven't heard much speculation lately.
Danny Boy?  what else?    I can't recall the origin of the "Pleasure Island " title.   the Rock and Roll album?

any new speculation about what the new cd will be like?     better than GIOMH or LOS?   
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

How can I show you Zen if you do not first empty y

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »

I seem to recall Beck saying, earlier this year, that the tunes were so good we'd be humming, or whistling or singing them for the rest of our lives.

I expect that we are gonna be hearing something very special from Mr. W and friends ere long.

The stars are aligned!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »

Holy sh*t...just realized that before this thread was bumped, I still had hair the last time it was posted in...

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »

Holy sh*t...just realized that before this thread was bumped, I still had hair the last time it was posted in...

Where did your long hair go....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »

LOL

wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

Ice Cream Daddy let your hair grow long.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 07:00:01 AM »

He now has a band 'better than the Beach Boys'. His words, not mine!
The last sentence was unnecessary, as the previous phrase is already in quotation marks so it's obvious the words aren't yours.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »

Ice Cream Daddy let your hair grow long.
Nothing left in the middle of my head....couldn't do it even if I tried Sad

chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

Well, What ABOUT that new BW album that has been in the works?   Haven't heard much speculation lately.
Danny Boy?  what else?    I can't recall the origin of the "Pleasure Island " title.   the Rock and Roll album?

any new speculation about what the new cd will be like?     better than GIOMH or LOS?   

I love Danny Boy, I think the live performances I have seen of it so far are amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »

He now has a band 'better than the Beach Boys'. His words, not mine!
The last sentence was unnecessary, as the previous phrase is already in quotation marks so it's obvious the words aren't yours.

Ahh, the board police rears it's ugly head once again

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 12:04:42 PM »

This thread got me a little too excited.

I thought this had been announced as Brian's new album  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »

I expect it to be lousy, don't expect much from BW the solo artist.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx