gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 12:14:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guardian TLOS review- one star  (Read 5831 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

Well, in my reading and listening experience, DeRogatis is the sort of critic who goes out of his way to be as big a jackass as he can from time to time. He's a celebrity critic, which is often interchangeable with pretentious windbag. I don't care whether he likes the album. (Actually I don't care whether anyone does, but his opinion is especially meaningless to me.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 04:27:33 PM »

I think this pretty much sums up the jackazz that is Mr. DeRogatis...

The Beatles have just given us 39 minutes and 52 seconds of rather unremarkable, uninspired music with a central theme that's conservative, reactionary and retrogressive.
http://www.jimdero.com/News2004/July4SgtPeppers.htm

Nice job Jim. Thanks for setting the record straight. We are quite fortunate to have you walk the earth and remind us how clueless we've been for all these years. Roll Eyes

Now before anyone accuses me of hero worship of my fab four friends, let me just say that there's a real difference between analytic criticism and simple wanking. Mr. DeRogatis wants to be the next Lester Bangs - but he's simply another wanna-be in a long list of wanna-be's. I'm thinking of that scene from Ghost World where Seymour throws a party with his 'blues' aficionados. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

The tragedy in all this is that owing to cut backs in the print media, idiots such as this are given the rudder to steer the ship in the popular media. It would be one thing if he were just another loudmouth on a message board, but he's on the Sun-Times for god sakes. That gives this wanker a platform for his hipper-than-thou agenda. It's a shame.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx