gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:33:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Going out of print?  (Read 10594 times)
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »

I don't think 18 bux for an album is a ripoff.  I remember when CDs first hit the shelf in the 80s...they were 15 bux!!!!  Now they're routinely 11.99!!!!  Throw in a few decades of inflation -- and they're damn near paying us!   Drumroll

I'm not opposed to the "digital-file" format.  I actually think it's the solution and the way out of the gross limitation of 16bit, 44k CD Audio.  But it's not ready for me yet.  I'll make the leap when its base format is on par or above 16bit 44k.  I probably won't jump in until it's on par with 24bit 192k. 

Gladly the ipod-generation (rather than the usual rich-folks) are taking it in the arse and making the format "stick."  For a new format to work, it's gotta sell.  Period.  And it's selling -- thanks to the kids today with their ipod gizmos and Scion motor cars.

Capitalism works!
Except in little countries, where Lucky Old Sun--no bonus tracks version! is currently going for about thirty four dollars.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »

Capitalism works!

Except in little countries, where Lucky Old Sun--no bonus tracks version! is currently going for about thirty four dollars.

Yikes, that's a shame.  Sounds like they could use some capitalism!

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

I like to go to the record store and get a record,  damn it.  Been doing it all my life.  I don't like downloading music.  Thats like recording a movie off of tv and not buying the dvd.   I want to OWN the physical product along with the graphics and bonus materials.  Sometimes I actually look on the shelf and pick out a record to play without having to turn on the computer.  I drop the tone arm or push play and, voila, I have music.. 

I went to the mall Wednesday for lunch and bought Lucky Old Sun.  Within minutes I was cruising down the highway listening to it on my custom car stereo.    And that package!   And the price?  $9.99 US.

You youngins can HAVE yer  itunes,  tatoos, and Sarah Palin.   Angry

I agree...give me product that I can hold!  Which is why I loooooooove Mrs Palin.  (psst...I think the 'youngins' are a tad more Obama-rama anyway.  All hollywood fluff, lo-fi ipod downloads and style over substance!!)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:21:53 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »

a product one can hold, indeed Razz
SG7
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »

I think there is more things out of print then just twofers. American Spring and Gary Usher material anyone???
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »

Capitalism works!

Yikes, that's a shame.  Sounds like they could use some capitalism!
It's only a shame for me! Everybody else here illegally downloads as a result! Wish I knew  how...I'd still shell out the money, though.
Twofer Beachboys only go for about 15 though, not a bad deal.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx