gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 10:02:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLUE? vinyl 45  (Read 4873 times)
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:22:44 AM »

If you pre-ordered TLOS through Brian's website, you're supposed to get a "limited edition colored vinyl single" of Midnight's Another Day, according to the initial website page.  After entering the website, it states that the record actually is a "limited edition translucent blue vinyl single" with Morning Beat on the B-side.  Has anybody received theirs yet?

The reason I ask is that today I received a "care package" from a contact at Capitol.  Inside was a vinyl LP of TLOS, plus a promo 45 (in the same picture sleeve pictured on Brian's website) of Midnight's Another Day b/w Midnight Beat AND That Lucky Old Sun!  And it's on translucent ORANGE vinyl!!

Is this the same "limited edition" 45 that you get with the pre-order?  Is the website wrong about the color?  Or is this yet another TLOS collectible?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:27:12 AM by Beach Head » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:32:24 AM »

Eh... looks like TLOS and its 'satellite material' are being released in countless different formats.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »

I too, pre-ordered from Control, but as yet haven't received it yet. Tomorrow's another day tho. Will let you know if I get a colored single and if so, what color it is!!!!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

I called control today, I was order 61, and asked when it would ship.  They said that they plan to start sending it out later this week.

I think I saw an orange promo 45 on eBay that was only sent to the press, so maybe that is what you received.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »

Later this week?Huh?? They should have sent them out last Saturday for a Tuesday delivery. UGH
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:55:24 AM »

Can I make anyone jealous with the statement that I own 2 copies of the single: 'I Just Wasn't Made For These Times', stereo, on the Subpop label, released in 1996 to herald the release of the Pet Sounds Sessions Box Set?  Evil

No. Fourteen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:21:05 AM »

The sub pop single is on ebay for under $10, if anyone is curious.  I was fortunate to receive one from a friend back when it came out.  Took a few years for me to appreciate the uniqueness of the disc (if that's a word).
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »

The sub pop single is on ebay for under $10, if anyone is curious.  I was fortunate to receive one from a friend back when it came out.  Took a few years for me to appreciate the uniqueness of the disc (if that's a word).

I'd get it for that price. The sleeve is wonderful, not to mention the odd coupling of the Beach Boys and Subpop. Reminds me of the fact that Pere Ubu released their magnificent box set on a Geffen imprint... like G.G. Allin would bring out his stuff on K-Tel, or something.

GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »

I bought six, or eight, or something like that from SubPop back in 1997 when I thought they'd become rare and collectible.  Along with almost all of my collection of BB stuff they are stored where in used to live in a different state so I can't check.

I don't really care because I'm not going to sell most of the rare stuff that I have (six or eight discs of a SubPop 45 doesn't count here) but I've been surprised by how little some things I consider very collectible command in the public market (eBay and whatever).  Things (whatever they are) are either worth a shitload or worth next to nothing it seems...  Little middle ground.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »

I too, pre-ordered from Control, but as yet haven't received it yet. Tomorrow's another day tho. Will let you know if I get a colored single and if so, what color it is!!!!

Me too, and while the money was taken out of my account, I never received a confirmation and they haven't answered my e-mail enquiry. Crap.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 01:53:02 AM »

Me too, and while the money was taken out of my account, I never received a confirmation and they haven't answered my e-mail enquiry. Crap.

elnombre: get in contact with them, the emailaddress is info@controlindustry.com. I (finally, apparently it's busy overthere) got an answer in which they conformed my order. Shipping probably this weekend. I heard from others that they got a reply as well.

Hope this helps.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 05:17:54 AM »

I finally called them yesterday, after purchasing the iTunes version on Tuesday, and the Best Buy version yesterday, as well as the "original" cd/dvd from Best Buy. They are all different in their offerings. The lady at Control, who sounded like someone's older mother, said she has my order and it should ship out next week. I asked her if I was getting an autographed single, she said no, I said cancel the order. I proceeded to open the Best Buy version that I paid $18 for instead of the $30 it cost me for Control. I later called her back and canceled the 2 tshirts as well. $5 each for shipping was crazy. I have enough BB/BW/DW shirts to last me. When I posted my experience at BW.com, was "yelled" at by the admin for dissing the company.
Brian and Capitol have enough of my money on this album as it is. Tough taffy.
razorboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »

has anyone received theirs yet? i ordered within 6-8 hours of the control/bw TLOS minisite went live and i still haven't received anything... just curious.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »

has anyone received theirs yet? i ordered within 6-8 hours of the control/bw TLOS minisite went live and i still haven't received anything... just curious.

No, I don't think they're shipping yet.  I've been enjoying the LP for nearly three weeks already so I'm not too worried about it.  It'll get here when it gets here.    I'm excited to be getting the freebies at any rate.  Smiley
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »

I was wondering the same thing as everyone else. It's been over a week and still haven't gotten a confirmation either. Cool to hear about the orange 45, though. It will be interesting to hear what color everyone ends up getting. I do think orange makes more sense for this album, like blue did for POB.
chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:20 AM »

The lady at Control, who sounded like someone's older mother,

... as opposed to their younger one?  Smiley

Seriously, suppose I just wanted to buy a vinyl 45 of MAD and nothing else, how can I ? (nothing on Amazon AKAICS). Is there a 12-inch?
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »

It's now been two weeks since TLOS came out, certainly enough time for Control to have shipped their orders.  So let's ask again:

Has anybody received one of the BLUE vinyl 45s that was being offered as a premium when you purchased the album through Briian's website?  There are eight of the orange vinyl promo 45s for sale on eBay, but I've yet to hear confirmation on a blue vinyl 45.

And for what it's worth, Brian's website no longer mentions the 45.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »

Yes, I got mine.  I bought the CD/DVD and got the signed blue vinyl on 9/11 in the mail.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 12:55:43 AM »

I'm still waiting, although I did finally get a confirmation (after asking for at about 4 times) that I'm one of the customers that will get the bonus 45. I guess I have to be a bit more patient.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »

Yes, I got mine.  I bought the CD/DVD and got the signed blue vinyl on 9/11 in the mail.

So they do exist!  Are they identical to the orange vinyl 45s?  Two songs on the B-side?  Or just one like was indicated on Brian's website?
scallions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »

Cheesy

I got the package last week.

I got the blue vinyl single and a limited edition numbered lithograph.

It's from Brian's Holywood Bowl show.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 01:59:15 AM »

So they do exist!  Are they identical to the orange vinyl 45s?  Two songs on the B-side?  Or just one like was indicated on Brian's website?

As the tracks mentioned for A and B-side are the same on both the promo (orange) and limited blue vinyl, I assume that's the case. But I can't confirm yet. Still waiting for the blue one (got the orange one already)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx