gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:02:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be My Baby  (Read 11203 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 11:37:49 PM »

I love the "boom, boom, boom, BOOM!" drumbeat in "Be My Baby". The Jesus and Mary Chain copied it on "Just Like Honey" and a couple of their other songs, and Camera Obscura also used it in their song "Eighties Fan".

...and Mercury Rev used it to good effect on a song of theirs. It's on their 'best of' double CD set that I acquired yesterday. Don't have the title at hand now but it is definitely the Ronettes drum pattern.

There's that one part in a BB documentary with Brian playing the beat on a snare drum and talking about it

mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 01:13:33 AM »

I love the "boom, boom, boom, BOOM!" drumbeat in "Be My Baby". The Jesus and Mary Chain copied it on "Just Like Honey" and a couple of their other songs, and Camera Obscura also used it in their song "Eighties Fan".

Billy Joel's 'Say Goodbye To Hollywood' perfectly concatonates with 'Be My Baby' - same beat, same time, same key.  If you put the 2 songs together and remove the pause track you, seamlessly, get 1 song. 

you can hear an inferior remix is used on the back to mono and best of ronettes cd's from abcko
 It seems to me that Donna Clarkson may eventually acquire control of the song should she prevail in her wrongful death suit against Spector.  Should this occur, it could well be that the sound will then be improved.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 01:26:29 AM by mikee » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 01:34:23 AM »

Billy Joel's 'Say Goodbye To Hollywood' perfectly concatonates with 'Be My Baby' - same beat, same time, same key.  If you put the 2 songs together and remove the pause track you, seamlessly, get 1 song. 

you can hear an inferior remix is used on the back to mono and best of ronettes cd's from abcko
 It seems to me that Donna Clarkson may eventually acquire control of the song should she prevail in her wrongful death suit against Spector.  Should this occur, it could well be that the sound will then be improved.

I like concatenating. Since I am an unmarried investigator, I often do it in between solving crimes, playing the violin, and ingesting a 7% cocaine solution.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 09:57:49 AM »

I was always told to avoid concatenating with the wrong people.  so far, so good.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »

...and Mercury Rev used it to good effect on a song of theirs. It's on their 'best of' double CD set that I acquired yesterday. Don't have the title at hand now but it is definitely the Ronettes drum pattern.

And last night I heard a song by the Four Seasons that also uses that drumbeat....but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head right now.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx