gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:30:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's new official site has opened!  (Read 3626 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »

http://www.brianwilson.com/index.html

Nice look. Already having problems trying to load videos though.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »

Oh, it's actually very nice.

Wonder how the Blueboarders are gonna react!!  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »

Yeah I'm having video problems too...and I can't believe they still have the same message board format.  I couldn't deal with that. 

The site does look nice, though.
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 06:13:03 PM »

It's plenty hungrier for bandwidth...but only us dial-up dinosaurs will notice. Huh
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »

The new site doesn't look so great on my older computer that can only run IE 5.1 -- lots of nonfunctional image blocks and empty boxes with an "X" in the middle. Still, the message board part seems to work OK, even on that machine.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:29:33 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Jason
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »

And now, the $64,000 question.

What shall the message board be known as? The off-white board?
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 11:58:50 PM »

Oh, it's actually very nice.

Wonder how the Blueboarders are gonna react!!  Grin

I have never visited this "Blueboard" but I keep seeing references to the people there.  Are they the world's biggest bastards or something?

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 01:35:41 AM »

I have never visited this "Blueboard" but I keep seeing references to the people there.  Are they the world's biggest bastards or something?

most people here ARE blueboarders! (despite their protestations Wink  )
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 01:46:50 AM »

There's just a greater degree of sycophancy over there. Many Blueboarders would like to take Brian home, dress him every morning, push him round in a pram and put him to bed every night with a hot cocoa. If he burped after having his bottle it'd be a genius burp.

That said, the upset over the botched on-line sales of TLOS, and the various bonus tracks available at different sources (which ensures completists have to buy the album/DVD several times to get everything), has caused much upset.

It was also on the Blueboard that upset fans caused such a stink after one greatest hits gig that Brian offered to personally refund tickets. Debatable whether they were real Blueboarders or even real fans, but the Blueboard (as was) is rarely without some kind of controversy.

Administration can also be dodgy. Some posts can be deleted for no apparent reason, with no explanation, while postrs' genuine concerns and comments go unheeded. Biased censorship can be rife.

AGD might concur?

All that said, the Blueboard is THE place to hang out if you want to be informed about any BW-related news or activity -  especially if you want to be informed several days or weeks after the fact!

“We live in divisive times.”
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 02:53:48 AM »

My impression was that the folks there just were not always the most informed. I'm a member, but I have posted there maybe a half-dozen times, at best.

At one time, a few years ago, you had a lot of people who seemed to think the height of Brian's career was Imagination. Now, I like that album, but it's hardly the apex of Brian Wilson's music-making, past and future. It does, however, sound like other music on the radio.

The level of discussion has gotten better, though, and I drop by now and then. I prefer this board (even though I'm active mainly in the times when Brian has something new coming out) simply because most people here have listened to a good chunk of the BB/BW output and can talk knowledgeably about it.
carl r
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 06:00:31 AM »

Much better site, particularly the online music player.

Would also say that the selection of tracks on this does kind of illustrate some of the problems with Brian's solo career to date:

Path of Life and Love and Mercy are great, TLOS title track, Heaven, Sailing are OK. But the rest suffer from a MOR feel.

Good thing though: Three of the best on the myspace site. MAD, Morning Beat, Southern California. And I hope this motivates people to buy the album.
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 11:00:50 AM »

it is structurally the same as the old one really. just now with annoying forced flash that interrupts my other music.

I'd go as far as to say this is a downgrade.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »

Not a big fan of pages that force my browser to resize, and the new site design doesn't use space very efficiently.  Still it's aesthetically pleasing and it's nice to see such a big push for the new album.
SG7
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »

I like the new band features at least. About time they acknowledged them !!  Shocked
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »

Yes. We are.    Roll Eyes
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx