gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:18:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson covers  (Read 4629 times)
WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2008, 12:24:33 AM »

Hello, I'm brand new to this board. Looks like the best BB related site on the net. So much info! Anyway, I haven't stopped spinning POB/Bambu. I've just got a new setup and might test it out with some Denny songs. Anyone keen on recording and posting some Dennis Wilson covers?

I'm talking anything Denny related. Any song he wrote or even if he just sang lead on a Brian penned song. I don't know where to start, maybe Baby Blue.
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:35:27 PM »

I think there are a good few Denny covers around. Because a few years ago  Dan Addington planned a Denny Tribute CD.  Alas it never happened.  I myself cut a version of "Slip on Through" Which I subsequently included on the UK pressing of my album "Tuesday Music"

So I may as well get the ball rolling...

Here's a vocals only version of "Slip" not on my album ;-) http://www.purevolume.com/richardsnow

WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:36:56 PM »

Great job on the vocal arrangement there!

Even a "virtual" CD would be cool to compile. Just have it downloadable as a bittorrent and on myspace or something.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:49:45 PM »

I know I've done a couple. One, at least, was a very half-hearted "Only With You," done just to learn my then-new recording software. I also did a version of "Steamboat," but I have no recollection of it whatsoever and just emailed a friend who may have it. I don't. You're more than welcome to both, once I find/acquire them. But they're just lazy, living-room productions.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:53:47 PM »

And with only minimal digging (and let's be honest, no reward to the listeners), here they are. http://www.sendspace.com/file/2n0ip0

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »

And with only minimal digging (and let's be honest, no reward to the listeners), here they are. http://www.sendspace.com/file/2n0ip0

Cheers Luther.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 08:33:32 PM »

You should give yourself more credit, Luther. Both of those recordings were damn good. If you call those "half hearted" then I'd love to hear you do a "serious" version.  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:19:15 PM »

You should give yourself more credit, Luther. Both of those recordings were damn good. If you call those "half hearted" then I'd love to hear you do a "serious" version.  Smiley
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. But to be honest, I don't see any "serious" DW covers in my future, as I'm not much of a fan of most of his work.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 03:58:39 AM »

here is a digital 8 track bedroom recording of "moonshine" i did years ago. Quality is not the best im afraid but i like some parts of it

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qsslmk

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx