gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:40:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are these songs circulating??  (Read 2357 times)
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:28:26 PM »

A while back when I was putting together my discography, I brought up the supposed unreleased album "Cousins, Friends and Brothers" (which apparently never got past the discussion stage), and someone gave a list of songs that could potentially be on a 1982 Beach Boys album.  I'm trying to track them down; I found several from the list, but are these on boots anywhere??  Please tell me so I can hunt 'em down. :-)

* I'm A Man
* Bucks
* Children Of The Night
* Don't Fight The Sea

The person also mentioned a track called "Dancin' USA", which apparently doesn't exist - perhaps they meant "Skatetown USA"?
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »

A while back when I was putting together my discography, I brought up the supposed unreleased album "Cousins, Friends and Brothers" (which apparently never got past the discussion stage), and someone gave a list of songs that could potentially be on a 1982 Beach Boys album.  I'm trying to track them down; I found several from the list, but are these on boots anywhere??  Please tell me so I can hunt 'em down. :-)

* I'm A Man
* Bucks
* Children Of The Night
* Don't Fight The Sea

The person also mentioned a track called "Dancin' USA", which apparently doesn't exist - perhaps they meant "Skatetown USA"?

As far as I know, none of these are circulating. Don't Fight The Sea of course is on Al's proposed album
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:07:18 AM »

And there's a clip of it on Al's website. I think it uses some of the original recording (or some other version Carl sang on).

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:10:05 AM »

And there's a clip of it on Al's website. I think it uses some of the original recording (or some other version Carl sang on).

Yep that's right. It sounds fantastic too. Of course it's cool having all of those special guests but that track was the clincher for me to say "yep, I'm definitely getting this cause of Carl."
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:27:44 AM »

I did find the titles you mentioned on a few websites, but unfortunately, none of them has surfaced so far (AFAIK)

http://www.banana-and-louie.org/unreleased.html

http://www.btinternet.com/~bellagio/vaults.html

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »

Crud... guess I won't be reconstructing that one!  Sad
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx