gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:18:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: YouTube: Brian Wilson Ages Into a 'Lucky Old Sun'  (Read 7490 times)
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3KxFgqs4E
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:11:36 PM »

Cool video, thanks for the link! 
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 11:29:38 PM »

Brian in that video seems so much like 70s Brian. It's cool to see him playing piano again.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:59 PM »

Brian in that video seems so much like 70s Brian. It's cool to see him playing piano again.

Agreed!  He somes quite lucid here.  Watch at 1:47...classic example of Brian's 60s "hip-speak".  And for once he didn't look really awkward playing the piano.  He was even mugging for the camera!  Overall, this video makes me very happy!  Grin

Geoff

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »

I like when he talks about working to maintain financial stability.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 04:55:05 AM »

Nice interview. It's one where you go, "Oh, so that must be close to what he's like when he's comfortable." He can still be a pretty lucid, relatively articulate guy. I have no doubt when I see interviews like that that Brian is capable of expressing his wishes and is not as "trapped" as some people might imply.
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 11:33:29 AM »

This is a bit of an oddball theory, but maybe Brian is more comfortable when interviewed by women.  Thoughts?

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »

Not an oddball theory at all. Try true. Every time I've seen him interviewed by a woman, Brian is much more attentive and charming. Remember that interview in a British paper last month or so? He is flirting with the interviewer by tweaking her toe -- and Melinda acknowledges it: "Brian is a man. He likes pretty things."
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 05:02:54 AM »

Great video. Brian looks much more together than I would've expected here and seems to be enjoying himself. I do worry a bit that he keeps being pushed out there when he'd rather retire. Good for him, sounds great.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:45:05 AM »

This is a bit of an oddball theory, but maybe Brian is more comfortable when interviewed by women.  Thoughts?

That's pretty much why Taylor Mills is in the band - otherwise it would just be too macho and competitive for Brian. She adds a 'soft', feminine element and is a bit like a pressure valve.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »

That's pretty much why Taylor Mills is in the band - otherwise it would just be too macho and competitive for Brian. She adds a 'soft', feminine element and is a bit like a pressure valve.

And why he brought Marilyn in to so many BBs songs. I'm sure we could do a whole analysis of Brian's views of women and how that relates to his view of his mother versus his view of his father.
Although regardless of how Brian might view Taylor's role in the band, she does add a nice musical element to BBs songs.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx