gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:01:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help - MIDI sequencers  (Read 2425 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: August 09, 2008, 01:57:46 AM »

I know pretty much nothing about digital recording. That being said, my owns a Yamaha DGX203 keyboard, with a USB port. The company website claims that "the USB port acts as a MIDI interface, freeing you from having to purchase other MIDI peripherals like cables and adapters to play music. Simply connect to your computer, open your favorite music software program and hit PLAY. That's it."

Well, that's clearly not it, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have Audacity and a bunch of free MIDI sequencing programs (which all recognize the keyboard), but I just don't know how to get any sort of music to appear. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is this too vague?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »

Rather than leave you with silence (but obvious views), I'll answer, anyway: nope, can't help. I've never used Audacity and haven't used MIDI in about 10 years. I can try, though. When you play, is the computer recognizing that there is something being played/recorded, but you just can't hear it? Or is it not registering as creating anything at all?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »

i wasnt aware audacity had midi, i thought it was a wav editing program...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 02:13:50 PM »

Audacity is a WAV-editing program, but they have an option to import MIDIs.

The computer is not registering anything from the keyboard, but I can play MIDIs on the computer through the keyboard. But that's the opposite of what I want.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx