gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:13:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrecking Crew -- Film playing in New York 8-1-08 to 8-7-08  (Read 1774 times)
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2008, 07:54:28 AM »

Hey, a new film about The Wrecking Crew will be playing in New York for one week starting this Friday.  Any New Yorkers interested in seeing it together sometime next week?

Love and merci,   Dan Lega

--------------------------------

Venue:
 IFC Center website

Showtimes:
 2:45 and 6:25

Dates:
 August 1-7, 2008

New York, NY 10014
Directions

Media Inquiries:
 dennyted@mac.com or call 818.884.6654

wreckingcrewfilm.com

Lunch Box Entertainment cordially invites you to
"The Wrecking Crew"
A film 12 years in the making
Fri-Thu, August 1-7, 2008

THE STORY
Collectively, their roster of hit songs is unmatched in the recording industry, numbering into the hundreds and spanning decades. They've been -- pun fully intended -- significantly instrumental in building the rise to stardom for a varied list of popular artists from The Beach Boys to Frank and Nancy Sinatra; from The 5th Dimension to Sam Cooke; from The Carpenters to Cher. They'd craftedsome of pop music's most timeless and recognizable songs. And yet, outside the industry, few could name a single member.

When a hit record was the desired result, there were no others to consider but, The Wrecking Crew, a group of professional session musicians for hire who, as the film unveils, lent far more to these hit songs than mere instrumentation.

Director/Writer Denny Tedesco's chronicle of pop music's Heyday delves back to the late 50s, the 60s and the 70s, an era of all night recording sessions in cramped, smoke-filled rooms, when real musicianship was not only appreciated, it was demanded. Stocked with rare, historical footage and interviews with the groups members along with testimonials from music giants Nancy Sinatra, Lou Adler, Dick Clark, Herb Alpert, Glen Campbell, Cher, Brian Wilson, Jimmy Webb, Roger McGuinn, Gary Lewis among many,

THE WRECKING CREW is an essential document of contemporary pop history and a must-see for anyone who's ever picked up an instrument, lived-off pop radio and collected music.

The film has played to packed houses and great response at the following film festivals:
 • OFFICIAL SELECTION - SXSW FILM FESTIVAL - PREMIERED
 • OFFICIAL SELECTION - BUFFALO-NIAGARA FILM FESTIVAL - SOLD OUT, WINNER AUDIENCE AWARD
 • OFFICIAL SELECTION - SEATTLE FILM FESTIVAL - AUDIENCE AWARD
 • OFFICIAL CLOSING NIGHT SELECTION - NASHVILLE FILM FESTIVAL - SOLD OUT, HONORABLE MENTION IMPACT OF MUSIC AWARD
 • DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK FILM FESTIVAL - SOLD OUT 2 SHOWS
 • LOS ANGELES GRAND PERFORMANCES "FILMS THAT MATTER" - 1,850 PEOPLE

Thank you for your support!

SOME REVIEWS
"The Wrecking Crew" is a well-nigh irresistible treat for aficionados of music from the era when acts like the Beach Boys, the Association and the Monkees were topping the charts.........'Nostalgia-drenched rockumentary should score impressively as cable fare, homevid product and public - Variety

This is a man's heartfelt tribute to an extraordinary father and his equally extraordinary friends and what they managed to accomplish in the world. If you have ever loved a record any record between 1960 and 1980, you've probably loved their work. And you'll find this movie deeply touching, very funny and a revelation. **** 4 stars out of 4 - Jeff Simon - Buffalo News

The 39th annual Nashville Film Festival ended with a blast Thursday night. Maybe you heard it. It was all to do with "The Wrecking Crew," a fantastic documentary about an unofficial "group" of L.A. session musicians widely regarded as the best in the business who played on anything and everything throughout the 1960s and well into the 1970s........I had a grin on my face the entire length of the movie, except for a couple of spots where the story turned bittersweet. There also were times I couldn't stop crying -- during funny bits as well as the sadder ones. - Knoxnews.com

Director Denny Tedesco, son of the renowned guitarist Tommy, smartly weaves together history and interviews, never overhyping or milking for pathos, and making all his talking heads seem colorful and intelligent..........Part of what's fascinating is that the musicianship is so subtle: Their greatness was in solid, unflappable consistency; they have the pride of craftsmen with lunch pails, not the narcissism of stars. Indeed, Tedesco's portrait of the studio musician's code of honor is so inspiring, and his characters so charming, that it didn't matter that most of this is music I loathe. - Mark Feefer - Seattle Weekly

It was incredible! I felt just like I was sitting there with them at that table. - Peter Frampton

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »

If they shave off about $300 from the airplane price, I'll join ya! sorry we couldn't get together before the Hammerstein show...

Amour et thank you,   37!ws

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »

I might be going on Saturday, depending on if my girlfriend is willing to sit through it or not...

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »

Wrecking Crew interview.

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/004300.html
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »

Wish they'd show it in Texas. New York is a little far for me.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx