gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:31:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al's website has a hit counter!  (Read 2903 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »

http://www.aljardine.com/index.html

At the bottom it says how many people have been to the site since April. It's a lot lower than I expected. I say we should all go to the site every so often, even if we don't want to access anything on it, just to bring up the hit counter. If the numbers get really high, it'll show Al that there's a huge interest in the album, which could only make a positive impact, right?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »

You'd think Al would have found a way to repeat his hits, judging by the track listing.

I apologise for that...Wink
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:12:32 PM »

http://www.aljardine.com/index.html

At the bottom it says how many people have been to the site since April. It's a lot lower than I expected. I say we should all go to the site every so often, even if we don't want to access anything on it, just to bring up the hit counter. If the numbers get really high, it'll show Al that there's a huge interest in the album, which could only make a positive impact, right?
Well, I've gone into his website about 30 times since I first read this message.  Grin Is there a way to track the address of a computer or something? I mean, is there a way that they can tell it's just the same person logging in constantly?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »

Hm, I don't think there's anything on the site that logs your IP, but then again, I'm not too computer-savvy.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »

Hm, I don't think there's anything on the site that logs your IP, but then again, I'm not too computer-savvy.
Well then, let's all log on as much as possible...without crashing his website.  LOL

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »

742,000 is actually pretty good if you're counting just the past three months!  When I first read this post, I was thinking something like 1,452 would be low and disappointing.  If for every 5 hits there was one CD sale, then he would still sell almost 150,000.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 12:26:07 AM »

That number doesn't look right. I think we're reading it wrong.  The way Aegir was talking, I thought it would have been under 500.

XY
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 01:47:56 AM »

Yes, the good Webcounters.
Keep in mind that things like the Googlebot and Yahoo-Spider may visit a couple of times a day and every time you refresh the startpage or go back to the startpage from another section there's 1 visitor more...
I hope Al doesn't hope to sell 742'505 copies of his album...oh, I mean 742'506...07  Grin
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 03:20:37 AM »

That number doesn't look right. I think we're reading it wrong.  The way Aegir was talking, I thought it would have been under 500.
Or maybe someone read this post and visited the site and hit "refresh" 740,000 times?  LOL
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »

is there a way that they can tell it's just the same person logging in constantly?

Yep, most ISPs track that information and make it available to webmasters as a matter of course.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 10:36:43 AM »

I guess I figured that it should already be in the millions. I guess you guys are right, though.

elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 12:03:34 PM »

The sites got way more hits than I expected. I don't think the amount is disappointing at all.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 01:57:31 PM »

That really is a lot..

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx