gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680874 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 01:37:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The current Mike and Bruce show  (Read 1814 times)
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

Granpa Love and Johnston will be in town this week.  It's a bit of a drive but I may go. 

Does anyone have their current setlist?    Hopefully Christian doin' Good Vibrations!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »

Granpa Love and Johnston will be in town this week.  It's a bit of a drive but I may go. 

Does anyone have their current setlist?    Hopefully Christian doin' Good Vibrations!!

Go - you'll enjoy it, provided you mind is open, and not of a blueish tint.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »

Go - you'll enjoy it, provided you mind is open, and not of a blueish tint.  Roll Eyes

Sure, we'll probably be there.  Saw them here 2003 and they haven't been back since.  Just wondering what 'closet classics' we may hear?
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:04:40 AM »

yep, it is an enjoyable show, imo. seen them three times since '99 (unfortunately never saw them with Carl or Al  Sad). last years show was good, promoting 'The Warmth of the Sun' album so they played tunes from that. they mostly play the hits/car & surf songs and throw in some others in there. "Its OK", "Then I Kissed Her" (dont think thats rare anymore though), "Getcha Back" - with Mike's son on vocals, and yes he sings Good Vibrations and does it well I might add. sometimes they add "TLGIOK", and "Let Him Run Wild". they had a really nice set list at their UK tour early this summer, wish I could have seen it.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »

I hope they'll get to the European mainland someday... I'd definately go see them. So far Brian is the only Beach Boy that I've ever seen on stage...
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »

Saw a really good show with David Marks in England earlier this year.  Christian was the weakest singer.  Mike was surprisingly great - only got badly nasal towards the end.  We had a great night.  If they're anything like as good as they were then, you should definitely go.  Apart from anything else, it's not going to happen for much longer.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx