gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:01:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys are weird.  (Read 8493 times)
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »

Ok, I sound like a girl now……..

You say that like it's a bad thing...

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »

Since we're all confessing, I scream like a woman whenever they do "Papa Oo Mow Mow", or for any close-ups of Dennis.  And after Mike dances with Annette in "Monkey's Uncle", I always have to change my underthings.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 03:42:49 AM »

Great topic!

You know, I´ve listened to the SMiLE-music so much that I almost forgot how STRANGE it is. But I was reminded by it when Brian performed "Heroes And Villains" at the Jay Leno-show. It was soo bizarre to hear that music on such a mainstream-show, and I´m sure everyone in the studio was scratching his head.  Grin

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 03:54:49 AM »

I´m somehow glad that they reduced the weirdness of SMiLE a little bit, by leaving out "Swedish Frog" and these sections. I mean, it´s still funny and weird, but it doesn´t overshadow the serious parts. It would be sad if SMiLE would be famous only for being a "weird-psychadelic-drugs"-record, because there´s A LOT more to it.

I think the balance of humor and seriousness on SMiLE is just right.

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx