gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:21:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's Al's album??  (Read 5278 times)
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:49:58 AM »

A few tracks on here that I would like to have in my library.  So whats' ths hold up?   

Al "quit" touring with Brian to make sure it the album was done "by the end of the year".  That was almost eight months ago now.  Al, are you sure you didn't touring quit at the request of Capitol lawyers to maintain the 'punch' of the BB reunion in 2009?  Just a thought...

Anyway, where's the album??  With all the guests, it shoulda signed by now.  Can't wait!!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »

I'm amazed there hasn't been more speculation about why Al quit touring with Brian. It really goes against fandom's DNA.  Smiley

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
NightHider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

I'm amazed there hasn't been more speculation about why Al quit touring with Brian. It really goes against fandom's DNA.  Smiley

Yeah, I know.  It was 'ticketed' appearances that were cancelled too.  I found it hard to believe that Al would 'voluntarily quit' singing onstage with Brian Wilson after being di$$ed by Mike and Bruce for year$$$ now. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:08:45 AM by NightHider » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »

Very, very good questions. I would buy that album.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »

I really want to hear Don't Fight the Sea.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »

Me too.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »

hey, I didn't see this one yet. Since when is there a Help Me Rhonda videoclip on the website?

http://www.aljardine.com/video.html

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »

Does anybody REALLY know why Al no longer continued on BW's tour?
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 10:20:16 AM »

I asked Al about the release of his album when I met him in early July. He replied "Soon, I hope".  Yeah.
But he explained he had something else to worry about as fire was getting very close to his Big Sur property, probably even that very same night.
He was however wearing a "Postcard from  California" hat, which I want to take as a sign the album is really coming...

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:27 AM »

Yes.  Wink

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »

In answer to the title of the topic...

"Waiting for a bus"

Sorry, had to be said...   LOL

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 02:55:13 PM »

Yes.  Wink

AGD, please stop dangling the 'inside scoops" to us non-insiders.  I had an 'insider'friend of Al email me the reason but I can't share it because it would violate his trust.  But I don't go posting that I 'know'  and leave it at that

My advice is to put up or shut up; and not tease us on the board with info you won't share.

As always, posted with the greatest respect to my favorite BB scholar :-)  I always enjoy your posts!!!!!!!!!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »

Yes.  Wink

AGD, please stop dangling the 'inside scoops" to us non-insiders.  I had an 'insider'friend of Al email me the reason but I can't share it because it would violate his trust.  But I don't go posting that I 'know'  and leave it at that

My advice is to put up or shut up; and not tease us on the board with info you won't share.

As always, posted with the greatest respect to my favorite BB scholar :-)  I always enjoy your posts!!!!!!!!!

Did I say I knew ? Alan knows why, and I presume Brian knows why.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »

Touche.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 02:03:43 AM »

I wonder if all the "real easons" are the same?
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 03:29:20 AM »

Did I say I knew ?

Do you? You haven't denied it either...  Grin
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »

I don't think anyone ever addressed this with much seriousness. When Al was interviewed on Chuck Kelley's Heroes & Villains show on Luxuriamusic.com a few months back, he [Al] said that the album was more or less done, apart from some minor tweaking and mixing (which Loop de Loop teaches us can last a few decades for Al) and--I suspect more importantly--he didn't have a label to release it yet. Sadly for Al (but understandably from a business perspective), I'd guess that is the most important reason the album isn't out yet. I don't think the mass public has been beating down the door for an Al Jardine solo release. Internet-only, self-financed or smaller boutique label seems like the more realistic option to me.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »

It seems each time this 'why did he quit' question comes up, the subject of Brians 'management' is mentioned sooner or later. I would guess the same on other boards. Has there ever been a denial if this is not the case ?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx