gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:47:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Teenage Symphony  (Read 1622 times)
Wilsonista
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »

I  have just posted an installment of a work-in-progress Blog Novel called TEENAGE SYMPHONY at my blog.

http://septemberboy1.blogspot.com/

Obviously, it's SMiLE-inspired, but there is much more to it than just SMiLE. Hopefully you guys will dig it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob
brianc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:41:37 AM »

Hey Rob,

I wasn't able to get through all of it yet, because my eyes start glazing over when I read too long on the computer, but...

I liked what I read so far. It's got a fun journal entry-meets-comic book/music geek feel to the way it starts. That's become an interesting way to write recently in America, as it points to some intellectualism that is both fun and obsessive, and pretty much non-intimidating. I'm sure someone will write a movie soon about the obsessed comic book collector that goes postal, but until then, it's always struck me as pretty harmless.

Again, since I haven't read all of it, I'm hoping you'll get a little post-modern with it, like the way Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman sort of make the current setting a jumping off point for a greater world of dreams and mythology. Like, you find so much comfort and hope in the music you love, and that is a greater indication of the mythology that pop music helps us to inhabit. Of course, I don't wish to affect what or how you write it. That was just my initial thought, when reading this. That it might take off from your music store job, or your head full of songs... into something fantastical. That'd be cool.

But either way, looking forward to reading the rest, big guy. And keep up the good work. Writing is no easy task.

Yours,
Brian Chidester
Wilsonista
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »

Thanks Brian!

What I will say is that it's ultimately going to be a story about relationships. Relationships between friends and the relationship that an audience forms with their favorite music. 

But yeah, there's gonna be be some fantasy and mythology for sure. Smiley
Wilsonista
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »

BUMP

The conclusion of Chapter 1 is now up at my blog!

http://septemberboy1.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx