gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:42:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vocal Thread: Who sang what?  (Read 35384 times)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2006, 06:03:51 PM »

I have to believe Steve on this one.  Close associates of Brian all have chips on their shoulder, and Steve as a Carlista has no reason to invent a story to cover for what would be Brian's malice.  It's just conspiracy theory, makes for a good story, but IMO is just not true.  And I'll ask the question again, only now under different circumstances:  what "good" would Brian be hoping to accomplish?  So what, one track on 20/20 is in mono?
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2006, 06:06:42 PM »

BTW, I think a great, great project for the BB people to do is a nice remix of Do It Again.

No, it wouldn't be quite perfect, but Steve could fly in and if a multi-head tape delay/repeat unit like the original Phillips could not be found, Steve could oversee the digital recreation (which is actually not terribly difficult to do).

Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2006, 07:06:15 PM »

Yeah, the mono hides a lot of the great track.  More than just the reverb, there is a lot of good stuff you can hear in the multitracks.  My respect for that song went up greatly after hearing SOT 20.  The mono mix is not well balanced and is clearly not the vision that Carl and Steve had.
Evenreven
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2006, 07:26:47 AM »

Back to "Celebrate the News" -- I always heard the spoken "hello" at the very beginning as Brian.  Am I wrong on that?

Sounds like Dennis to me.
To me too.
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2006, 08:42:10 AM »

Ok, as for mystery 'falsettos':

No-Go Showboat (not the lead, but the "no gooo, no gooo")
Ballad of Ole' Betsy (around 0:48 on)

Who is this? I've asked before and it's never been officially settled. It sounds like it might be pitch-shifted or something. I also like the idea that it might be Mike. I'm pretty sure it's a male voice being weird as opposed to a girl's voice (i.e., it isn't Marilyn or someone like that).

Just reposting my query, which didn't get answered...

Watch out for snakes!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2006, 08:53:12 AM »

Back to "Celebrate the News" -- I always heard the spoken "hello" at the very beginning as Brian.  Am I wrong on that?

Sounds like Dennis to me.
To me too.

I also thought it was Brian.... Shocked

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx