gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:43:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All This Is That (Alternate Take)  (Read 3303 times)
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2008, 09:05:25 PM »

Quick question which requires a quick answer:

Having tracked down an alternate take of All This Is That on a certain CD which shares that name, I have to ask: Is that Bruce doing Carl's falsetto "Jai guru Dev" at the end? Anyone know? Is this the most we have on record of Bruce contributing to CATP if so?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »

If the recording you are refering to is the recording I'm thinking of, the falsetto voice is Matt Jardine. It was taken at a soundcheck prior to a concert in 1993.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »

Jay just beat me too it!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:38:19 PM »

Jay just beat me too it!
Great minds think alike!  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 12:09:45 AM »

If the recording you are refering to is the recording I'm thinking of, the falsetto voice is Matt Jardine. It was taken at a soundcheck prior to a concert in 1993.

Not a sound check, but a rehearsal session at Red Barn for the 1993 box set tour - hence Mike's absence on "Add Some Music" from the same tape. Had this confirmed to me by Bruce. The whole tape is just astonishing.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:54:22 AM »

Oh yeah I think I have that somewhere.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 05:50:21 AM »

Thanks. They've mislabeled it then.

Silly bootleggers.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 10:31:54 AM »

You really thought that was from the CATP sessions? Their voices sound so mature and that's such a 90s keyboard sound.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »

Not a sound check, but a rehearsal session at Red Barn for the 1993 box set tour...

Somebody bootlegged a recording out of Al's own studio? Is nothing sacred....
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »

Not a sound check, but a rehearsal session at Red Barn for the 1993 box set tour...

Somebody bootlegged a recording out of Al's own studio? Is nothing sacred....

There's a persuasive theory as to who did it and why... the quality on the boots is so good because it was a DAT copy of the DAT original.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »

There's a persuasive theory as to who did it and why... the quality on the boots is so good because it was a DAT copy of the DAT original.  Smiley
Here are my two guesses: 1) attempt to recruit Brian into the tour by showing him the sort of material they were doing, or 2) material for use on a potential live album (in case actual concert recordings needed some help).

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »

Here are my two guesses: 1) attempt to recruit Brian into the tour by showing him the sort of material they were doing, or 2) material for use on a potential live album (in case actual concert recordings needed some help).

1) Brian didn't give a hoot, and, 2) Very interesting; you're not insinuating that the Beach Boys would overdub a live recording in the studio?police
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »

You really thought that was from the CATP sessions? Their voices sound so mature and that's such a 90s keyboard sound.

Eh, I've only heard it once, and it was on the computer whilst I was browsing here; it was only the un-Carlness of the fade that perked up my ears.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 12:32:50 PM »

2) Very interesting; you're not insinuating that the Beach Boys would overdub a live recording in the studio?police
Never! Nobody in the history of pop would dare do such a thing!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx