gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:40:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Post  (Read 1166 times)
DennisWilsonIsMyHero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »

Long time lurker, first time poster…

Guess I’ve always been a Beach Boys fan. My dad often played their albums when I was growing up. I discovered Pet Sounds 3 years ago. Being 21 and out of my parents house for the first time, across the state in a different city, in a new relationship with a girl, I could totally relate to that album. I was blown away that I could so easily relate to concepts that were written about forty years ago. I guess I was surprised that an album my Dad probably bought when he was 15 is still relevant. I could go on and on, but it’s all been said before. I quickly snatched up copies of Beach Boys albums and eventually ended up with their entire catalogue. I’m a big fan and kinda like the idea that a lot of the Beach Boys’ material has gone unnoticed by the mass public. It’s almost like I belong to a small group of people that know something the rest of the world doesn’t. And that makes being a fan that much better.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I need some help coming up a Beach Boys related vanity plate for my newly acquired 66 Volkswagen. I’ve been thinking and thinking, and can’t come up with anything. 7 letters, something obscure so that only true fans would get it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you. If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 02:43:37 PM »

Great to hear people in their 20s are still getting hooked on the BBs sound.

As for the plate. Great idea.

A few off the top of my head.

GOODVBE... Good Vibrations, the VW sound, Same year as your car (1966).
PTSOUND... Pet Sounds,1966 again, Also relates to VW noise.
BWISGOD.. Brian Wilson is God.
FK4MULA... F**K The Formula.
BWISTA...   Brianista
BBSOUND...Beach Boy sound
BBNUT...     Grin

Hope they help
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

SLPONTHRU - Slip On Through
DW4EVER