gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681026 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 07:46:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TLOS on the big screen?  (Read 2413 times)
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »

Received today from "Brian Wilson Newsletter".
They didn't have a "HELL YES" choice at the link, but I clicked the closest approximation! Cheesy
(Looks like the live link in the email didn't transfer.)

Dear Friends of Brian,

We and Capitol Records are considering hosting some local events to celebrate the release of "That Lucky Old Sun", and we need your feedback! As you know, Brian, his band and a select group of hand-picked classical musicians performed the full album live in the legendary Capitol Studios A and B a few weeks ago, and Capitol shot the whole performance in HD. We're thinking of giving you, the fans, the chance to see this special performance in a town near you, BEFORE the album comes out, and to meet and hang out with other fans of Brian. We see this as being like little pre-release parties in cities across America. Pretty cool, huh?

What we need to know from you is, if we brought the HD video concert to a movie theater near you (say, within 10-20 miles) would you come? Bringing this to theaters would be a logistically time-consuming and expensive process, so we want to gauge interest first, to determine if we will do it. We're envisioning a screening of the full performance of TLOS, plus a brief Q&A session with Brian, (live via satellite!) where he'll answer YOUR questions. The ticket price for the night would probably be in the $10-$15 range, and with proof of purchase of a ticket, you would also get to pre-order TLOS at a discount, via brianwilson.com.

In addition to getting to be the first to see this intimate performance from Capitol's legendary Studios, we think these events could be a great chance for fans to meet up coast-to-coast. Maybe you could take your kids to the show, have a night out with friends and neighbors, turn one of your co-workers with bad musical taste on to some great music...the possibilities are endless!

Click here to give us your feedback!

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:32:01 PM »

That's so cool. I hope everyone who gets the newsletter votes yes.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
brianc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:33:02 PM »

It's a no-brainer. I'd be there in a second.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:04:46 PM »

Hell yes but I don't get the newsletter.  Sad

Never mind, I found it:
http://www.brianwilson.com/questionaire/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:05:56 PM by Wrightfan » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:50:47 PM »

Hell yes.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:24 PM »

Well, that review clears my question of why Paul Mertens wasn't with the band in the promo video. I work at a movie theater, although I don't know if this would get any attention in my area if it happened. But I would definitely travel to see this if it was reasonable.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 02:46:43 AM »

Hope London's going to be on the itinerary... after all, the UK IS Brian's spiritual home -  if only we had the sunshine!

“We live in divisive times.”
Jim McShane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »

Well, that review clears my question of why Paul Mertens wasn't with the band in the promo video. I work at a movie theater, although I don't know if this would get any attention in my area if it happened. But I would definitely travel to see this if it was reasonable.

That's Paul in the video. He has a new look, shorter hair, no facial hair, etc. But that's him. There was no Mike D'Amico, (Todd Sucherman instead), but PVM was there.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

ah okay, thanks for clearing that up, Jim. I had no idea, obviously haha

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »

YEA..ILL be there in a heartbeat..!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx