gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:15:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My POB/Bambu deluxe CD  (Read 15420 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »

I love, love, love the whole packaging! One thing, though: I strongly advise taking the discs out of the package and storing them in a CD case or something. Those tight disc pockets on the cardboard package are trouble. All it takes is for one little granule of something to get in there and you'll scratch the hell out of the discs when you take em out. Trust me, I've already gouged Bambu pretty badly!

I'm copying my CDs to my Ipod.  That should save some wear and tear.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »

1) Is there a song on the above web site that corresponds with "Love Remembers Me," or is it a previously unknown DW song?

Love Remember Me is a composite of two songs - I Don't Know and My Love's Comin' Down.

2) I know why "Baby Blue Eyes" wasn't included, but why wasn't "10,000 Years" and "New Orleans" included?

10,000 Years was most likely not included because it might not have been found......New Orleans is the backing track for Time For Bed.

I assume "not found" means, since it's unofficially available, a copy that could be cleaned up could not be found.

Thank you for the info!

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 05:54:12 PM »

I don't see "Are You Real" on the "dreamer" web site either... is that  a previously unknown entry?

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

The liner notes say that "Tug Of Love" was pulled when "End Of The Show" was added. Damn. Why couldn't they have just added it. And "Only With You".

There were 12 songs on POB; what's wrong (no pun intended) with 14? Well, I'm taking the liberty to put "Tug Of Love" right after "River Song" and "Only With You" right after "Time" - on my personal POB. I'm also using "Piano Variations On Thoughts Of You" as a hidden track after "End Of The Show".
XY
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 11:27:04 PM »

Funny amazon.co.uk sales rank:

#1 in   Music > Country
#2 in   Music > Adult Contemporary > Pop Rock
#3 in   Music > Pop
#4 in   Music > Bestsellers in Music
XY
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2008, 02:54:44 AM »

BTW, the Legacy Edition peaked at #67 in Holland.  Smiley

Just noticed that SMiLE stayed in the Top 100 there for 16 weeks!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:34:54 AM by Jasper » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

I can't say what a great re-release this is ! Thank you to all who made it possibl. It's sooooooo great ! Hope it will sell very good so we can hope for a DW-Boxset.
Is this commercial enough, Mike ?  Grin Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2008, 06:25:16 AM »

Hope it will sell very good so we can hope for a DW-Boxset.

Mike wrote the lyrics for the title track, and for "Only With You". Grin Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »

He should release his album then with Dennis' 10,000 years. Maybe it would sell as much  Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2008, 08:17:57 AM »

There's way more Mike in this release than Brian. How ironic.  Wink

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »

Dennis phoned Mike and played him the track down the wires. A few hours later, Mike called back with the lyrics, which I think are pretty good. "POB" was Dennis' submission for 15BO but was not included on the grounds that it rather stood out.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2008, 02:24:14 AM »

Mike wrote some good songs in the mid seventies. A lot of them on were to be on First Love, which actually would have been one of the better Beach Boys solo albums if not anywhere near Dennis' work. It's hell of a lot better then Carl's  and half of Brian's
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2008, 07:21:32 PM »

to show how i feel, i will quote what Carl Wilson said on An American Family: "when you listen to it, how could you not want to be apart of this?" i know Carl was on Bambu, but seriously, this album blows pretty much anything the beach boys ever put out post Holland. possibly best solo album.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 12:32:51 PM »

Just listening to POB for the very first time in three years or probably even more. I have to admit that I had more or less lost interest in the album some time ago, while right now it just sounds so fresh and beautiful again I can't see how that could possibly happen. Haven't checked out the whole of the Bambu tracks yet and it will probably take some time for me to really get into the music as it seems much more rock-oriented to me (but then it also sounds quite experimental, which is something I can identify with). Always loved School Girl and He's A Bum.

Great packaging, by the way. Karen Lamm looks fucking hot in some of the pictures.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx