gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:20:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs: "Vibrations in C", "Calgary" with Amos Garrett, "Standing Still"...  (Read 2762 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »

On our myspace page....

Vibes is, obviously, a song heavily influenced by Smile and other similar psychedelic things

Calgary is a Great Speckled Bird cover, with Amos Garrett (who was in the GSB band) on lead guitar

Standing Still is an Association cover

There are a couple other songs, Old Road and Cloud { Dream, but you can just listen to them to see how they sound  3D

....feel free to share any thoughts or comments if you check out the tracks. Thanks!

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »

Wow, I love Great Speckled Bird. I didn't think anybody'd ever heard of them, but they're probably a lot more popular in Canada than they are in America. Nice cover.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »

Wow, I love Great Speckled Bird. I didn't think anybody'd ever heard of them, but they're probably a lot more popular in Canada than they are in America. Nice cover.

Thanks! Actually, when we covered it Amos asked me "how did you even hear about the GSB album?" I told him I was a big Todd Rundgren (and Ian & Sylvia fan) and he seemed to understand, haha. But yeah, sadly nobody knows about them here either even though Ian & Amos live in the area. I love GSB too, And the guitar play on the album is out of this world. Also, I always enjoyed my copy on LP but Amos recommended the CD saying its a better mix, and its true! If you haven't heard it already, the remastered cd sounds very clear and is also cheap on ebay

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx