gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:58:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who would you like to see write a book?  (Read 7423 times)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 12:39:50 PM »

How about a coffee-book size book with lots of rare pictures. Also good album cover shots (all the albums) with indisputable quotes, comments and facts from the Beach Boys themselves.

You never know what might come to fruition one day - www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com  Cheesy
Malcolm definitely has the inside track on this one...in fact he's got a great book sitting there in web site form...and i've been wanting to help him make it happen in print...but life is constantly slamming me with things like a POB reissue gig(can't complain). I really hope you, Malc, keep polishing and improving and one day it will be a book and a truly cool one.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »

Joe Chemay.
I was working with Pink Floyd and they told me that the Beach Boys were going to singing backup on a few songs...a few years later Bruce gave me a call and told me the Beach Boys needed someone to play bass on an epic disco masterpiece!

Sorry for derailing the thread here, but wasn't the disco version of "Here Comes The Night" recorded and released at least six months before Pink Floyd got Bruce Johnston in to sing backups on THE WALL? I mean Pink Floyd didn't ask the Beach Boys to sing on an earlier album, did they?
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »

A valid derailing.  I was wondering the same thing.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »

How about a coffee-book size book with lots of rare pictures. Also good album cover shots (all the albums) with indisputable quotes, comments and facts from the Beach Boys themselves.

You never know what might come to fruition one day - www.pipeline-operaglass.moonfruit.com  Cheesy

I left a message on the operaglass guestbook 2 years ago asking for those covers to be put in a book form. Yeah...still a great concept IMO. Goodluck!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »

Joe Chemay.
I was working with Pink Floyd and they told me that the Beach Boys were going to singing backup on a few songs...a few years later Bruce gave me a call and told me the Beach Boys needed someone to play bass on an epic disco masterpiece!

Sorry for derailing the thread here, but wasn't the disco version of "Here Comes The Night" recorded and released at least six months before Pink Floyd got Bruce Johnston in to sing backups on THE WALL? I mean Pink Floyd didn't ask the Beach Boys to sing on an earlier album, did they?

Whatever, I was just joking.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »

Sorry, Aegir- zoomed right over my head!  Well-played....(little embarrassed guy)---> Embarrassed

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 09:32:37 PM »

I'd like to see Mike write a book, because he's such a character it'd just stir up more controversy, and you wouldn't know what to believe and what not to believe.  Not that that's necessarily a good thing, but it would definately be intriguing, and much more interesting than any book anybody else could write. 

Marilyn would be a good book as well, but the problem is that she's moved on and remarried, so if she did it now it would seem to be opportunistic, which she's never done before and I doubt she will now.  Maybe 15 or 20 years ago it would have made sense, or if she went on to do something else she was 'famed' for she could write a book about her life, but her public persona is simply "Brian Wilson's ex-wife" and that would be horrible for her to represent herself in that way, when I'm sure she's much more proud of the private life she's living today that we know little about.   
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 01:40:21 AM »

I know he's gone but I would have loved to have read a book by Chuck Britz. If anyone knew the band he did, but he always kept a low profile when he probably could have sold his story for a ton of money. The fact that he didn't is partially why I value his input so much. Listening to the interview he gave that was on the board recently he didn't seem to dramatize or sugar coat the way things were. He was straightforward but you could tell he really cared about the boys.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx