gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:48:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Dick Rising a real person?  (Read 18962 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »

Hail, what news from the Colonies?

“We live in divisive times.”
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »

Shame he had such an awful end.

It really is quite a particular type of message board that responds to the news that a person of interest was ACTUALLY MURDERED with a barrage of willy jokes.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »

Following the levity inspired by Richard J. "Dick" Rising's name, after learning of his passing almost 40 years ago I think it's important that we take a moment to pay our respects to the man that Dennis Wilson described as "One of the greatest guys I've ever met in my life" and of whom Smiley Smile message board poster BrettD said, "He was a great guy & I will always remember him with deep respect."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »

You're right, CM.

BrettD left us one post without further details on Dick's life.  Then he faded like the Beatles of Hey Jude.  He spelt "Capitol" incorrectly twice, but his timeline seems about right. If Brett did work for Mr. Rising, it was only for a year or less, because Dick passed away in mid September the following year (1974).

From a brief article in Billboard, 10/5/74:

LOS ANGELES - Funeral services for Richard J. "Dick" Rising, 48, who for 23 years worked for MGM and Capitol Records, were held Monday (23) at Forest Lawn Cemetary in Glendale. Rising was slain in his Hollywood apartment by two men who are being held by police on murder charges. Surviving him are his widow, Kathy, and two daughters.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:31:28 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »

Crap...I didn't even bother to read the post just a couple above my last one. Now I feel bad Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »

http://www.forestlawn.com/

Rising, Richard Joyce
- Sep 16, 1974

Location of Grave

Where:Forest Lawn - Glendale

Section:Everlasting Love
Map#:A12

Lot#:3739

Space#:4

Property:Ground
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:21:25 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2013, 10:23:46 PM »

And I was just about to post the cover to a Dick Hyman LP.

In all seriousness, a belated R.I.P. to Mr. Rising!

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2013, 10:32:35 PM »

And I was just about to post the cover to a Dick Hyman LP.

Sounds like he was well-liked and very knowlegeable about the music business.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:44:45 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx