gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:19:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Dick Rising a real person?  (Read 19279 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread..........when it started a couple of years ago.

Honest varifiable fact;  Sometime in the 1960's, a guy named Peter D. Beter (pronounced beater) ran for governor of WV.  Never knew whart the D. was for.   Daniel, David, douglas, ......................anything but Peter!  On the other it could have actually been Dirk or Dick.

Why do people with such last names as Beter, Rising, Long, etc, name their children Richard or Peter?
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »

i remember that. d was for david.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 05:29:57 PM »

People NEVER believe that.  I was a teen and we all just howled when his political spots were played on the radio.   I wondered if his generation even got the joke.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »

The real Dick Rising, circa 1957/58:

http://norimuster.com/history/capitolpeople.html

Clockwise from front: Bill Muster, Perry Mayer, Dick Rising, Fred Rice, Bud Frazer, Steve Auld, Jack Smothers. Unknown photographer, circa 1957 - 1958.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:30 AM »

And let's not forget about the 1975 Red Sox team...

They had a pair of pitchers named Dick...

Dick Pole...

And

Dick Drago...

I have a trading card for Dick Pole from '75!
MD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »

And let's not forget about the 1975 Red Sox team...

They had a pair of pitchers named Dick...

Dick Pole...

And

Dick Drago...

I have a trading card for Dick Pole from '75!

Grin
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 10:45:46 AM »

Dick Pole.        Better than Peter O'Toole.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »

Damn!!! I've had to wait nearly 2 weeks to add there's a Beavis and Butthead episode where they find some guy in the phonebook called 'Harry Sac'.

Was that worth the wait?  Wink

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »

Why do people with such last names as Beter, Rising, Long, etc, name their children Richard or Peter?

Or someone with the name Johnson or Wang naming their kids William or Woody.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2010, 05:23:18 AM »

I used to live next door to a guy named Harold A. Hole.  Not kidding.   LOL
rogerlancelot
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »

Phone books are often a good source for really funny names. For instance in Niagara Falls, NY there were no less than 3 Harrold Dicks. I remember the name Manley Whipple which stuck in my head too...

Then in Shreveport, LA: Ben Dover and Dick Fullilove. Not making that up at all. Shouldn't they get together?

"Ben Dover, will you please stand up? Ben Dover, please stand up!"

Okay, the next one isn't real as far as I know but I do have a yahoo ID of Hugh Jass.

P.S. Unfortunately Ben Dover passed away a couple of years ago. It turns out an acquaintance of mine actually knew him and said he was a really nice old man. I feel terrible for the prank call I made to him that one day many years ago...
BrettD
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 09:28:31 AM »

Dick Rising was a real person, He was VP of Capital Records back in the 50 through the early 70s, he was in charge  of sales & marketing .He was a great guy that really knew the music business. I met him in 1973 & went to work for him when I was 19 yeas old. He lived in an apartment complex that was right around the corner from Capital Records, it  was in a pretty bad neighborhood so he had a special security door installed for protection. I saw him on a Friday afternoon we had lunch and finished the day . He was  murdered that weekend by to low life addicts that lived t in the complex. He was a Great guy & I will always remember him with deep respect   
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »

There's been a lot written about Dick on multiple message boards over the years. We've even ID'd him in pictures sitting at meetings at Capitol. One Capitol employee's daughter remembered him through her Dad, who worked there. But this is the first time I've read what happened to him and his demise. Very unfortunate.

So who are you, Brett?  One post in and we've learned what happened to Dick Rising. Did you work at The Tower? Do you still work there?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »

I'm almost embarrassed to start this up again…but I'll do it anyway.  I once went to a restaurant where one of the waiters wore a name tag that read: Richard Eader.  I swear.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »

Did he know Art Haack?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »

No, but he was good friends with Phil McCracken, Pat McGroin, and Rod Gozinya.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »

Good friends with Jack Hoff.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »

I'm almost embarrassed to start this up again…but I'll do it anyway.  I once went to a restaurant where one of the waiters wore a name tag that read: Richard Eader.  I swear.

I knew a Richard Eaton!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2013, 02:33:37 AM »

And a Warwick Hunt?
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2013, 04:10:42 AM »

I knew a girl when I was a kid named Prissy Bottoms.  As she matured I believe she dropped the name Prissy ( I wonder why ?  )
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 05:29:20 AM »

I hope there's news very soon…

“We live in divisive times.”
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:04 AM »

Well, I took a moment where I felt sad that such an awful thing happened, even if everyone else jumped straight back on with the dick jokes.

Shame he had such an awful end.

Dick Rising was a real person, He was VP of Capital Records back in the 50 through the early 70s, he was in charge  of sales & marketing .He was a great guy that really knew the music business. I met him in 1973 & went to work for him when I was 19 yeas old. He lived in an apartment complex that was right around the corner from Capital Records, it  was in a pretty bad neighborhood so he had a special security door installed for protection. I saw him on a Friday afternoon we had lunch and finished the day . He was  murdered that weekend by to low life addicts that lived t in the complex. He was a Great guy & I will always remember him with deep respect   
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

If I recall correctly, his wife Muffies Wet had a real hard time dealing with his death.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 08:34:19 AM »

man, the internet is harsh. imagine BrettD having to come back and read all of this. you guys are making jokes about a real person.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »

And a Warwick Hunt?

I use to know a Mike Hunt.  

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx