gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:08:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: With the ole' guitar this time.  (Read 5216 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2006, 03:57:40 PM »

A friend of mine was feeling sort of down. I did this song to cheer her up some.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16FEOC3H3OL342CKLYEYQ846L0

I'll probably do it up into a full band thing.

Should I just make one concrete thread if i'm posting music somewhat regularly now of myself?

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Chris D.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:26:32 PM »

Should I just make one concrete thread if i'm posting music somewhat regularly now of myself?

Yes!!  And keep writing.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »

Yes!!  And keep writing.

How's the song?

The next track I post i'll make it my official thread. I don't want to clog this section up with my crap.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Chris D.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:31:30 PM »

Give me a little while.  I need to do a little work on some papers for school and then focus on revising this novel hardcore later tonight.  I will check out the song and respond here in an hour or two.
Chris D.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 04:44:30 PM »

I got impatient...

Your voice is really innocent.  It sound a little off sometimes, but then I started to really get into it and thought it sounded perfect.  I don't know if you should necessarily redo this as a band song.  It could work, but it sounds more evocative with just you, acoustic guitar, and some tape hiss.  It should be murky and dark because it sounds like you're singing from a small island at night, in the middle of the sea (I just read "The Open Boat," so this is all blowing my mind).  Flesh out it out with more lyrics.  Use the tape his as part of the composition.  You should even make the tape wavy in parts to give the feeling of being int the middle of the sea.  Lyrically -- what if your narrator was staring at this picture of a woman on an island in the ocean, and not being able to reach into the painting and grab her, that puts him on an island himself, set apart from her?

So far I like it.  Keep us posted on how you finish this song.
Chris D.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 06:24:55 PM »

I checked out your song, shemale.
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 08:18:21 AM »

So this is only 49 seconds right? but it could be the genesis of a great song...keep workin on it...

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 03:55:49 PM »

Yes keep it sounding far away....kind of like a rough demo sound...similar to John Lennon's early demos for Strawberry Fields

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx