gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:54:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Dig Worms Covers Dylan  (Read 4927 times)
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »

Just on a whim, I decided to record "Buckets Of Rain", since this song has been plaguing me for so long...it's a beautiful song that I managed to butcher.  There is not much I am proud of on this recording...my voice needs a lot of work, or maybe I just sing too quiet, for fear of others hearing me.  Plus, I forgot a verse...

...Oh well.  I had to get it out.  It's just acoustic guitar(s) and vocal.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11774384/IDigWorms-BucketsOfRain.mp3.html

I want you to be honest with me...Wink
Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:23:17 PM »

Beautiful guitar . . .

Vocals bring to mind a cross between Dylan and Paul Simon.

M.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »

I love Simon's soft style of singing, maybe I am subconciously inclined to sing in that style, as well...?  But I also love Dylan's phrasing.   Thanks for that assessment, Mark.
henrymoon
Smiley Smile Associate

make love not war

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »

Loved it, Idig!

Intimate vocal style, which I'm into at the moment (Peter Bruntnell, for one...), and a sweet guitar sound. Interesting choice - I'm off to Dogbreath's for a warble on Friday and we were hoping to cover a Dylan number or two...

I'd definitely agree with the Paul Simon influence, tho'.

Keep 'em comin'!

"Those who will not reason are bigots, those who cannot are fools, and those who dare not are slaves." -- Brian Something
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 03:18:42 AM »

Just on a whim, I decided to record "Buckets Of Rain", since this song has been plaguing me for so long...it's a beautiful song that I managed to butcher.  There is not much I am proud of on this recording...my voice needs a lot of work, or maybe I just sing too quiet, for fear of others hearing me.  Plus, I forgot a verse...

FABULOUS!!! You have captured a feeling IDW!!! It's going on my portable .mp3 player this morning and I will listen to it again and again as I go to work...

BTW: Is the rapidshare a perpetual host or does it eventually spit out the file? [I had this happen with savefile.com after 2 months]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 03:38:10 AM by wind chime » Logged

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »

FABULOUS!!! You have captured a feeling IDW!!! It's going on my portable .mp3 player this morning and I will listen to it again and again as I go to work...

BTW: Is the rapidshare a perpetual host or does it eventually spit out the file? [I had this happen with savefile.com after 2 months]

Wow, uh, I am honored.  You have captured me off guard.  Rapidshare drops the file after 30 days of no downloads. SO I download it once in a while to keep it up.

Thanks again.
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »

Yes thanks...I guess I have to do the same...again good job on the recording...I listened to it about 7 times today... Cool

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »

Yes thanks...I guess I have to do the same...again good job on the recording...I listened to it about 7 times today... Cool

7 times...?  That's actually kind of sad. Smiley  Notice any mistakes in particular after listening that many times?  I hear about 3 MAJOR mistakes...but, I guess it depends on what you'd call mistakes.
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 08:06:55 AM »

7 times...dude...me is listening to music all day long...if you get 7 plays you're basically number one on my daily chart! :D he he he but seriously....

I can hear the set up at the beginning which you might want trim off but it adds to the demo feel of it....I can hear the soft voice at the end and the overall guitar sounds good to me....if you made a few wrong notes?... I didn't notice any.

Cool

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx