gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:02:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10,000 Years (Ago)  (Read 7867 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 07:09:03 PM »

Seems Mike doesn't talk much at all about his latest solo endeavour.  Be interesting to hear his take on the track and it's evolution.

Alan - Do you hear any talk about Mike getting "Mike Love Not War" released?

I'm not Alan, but I'm quite sure that the BB organization has nothing to do with Mike releasing Mike Love Not War. That's his own trip, and no record label wants to take it.

In that Alan Boyd indirectly works for Mike (Mike is a voting board member of BRI and Alan Boyd works for BRI) he might hear 'what's up' via the "coconut wireless".  I was not suggesting BRI is or should be involved in the album's release.

Mike is my least favorite BB but he has put a lot of work into recording his album and I think it deserves release.  If only to hear  and have Mike's version of "10,000 Years".

For a release, he does have options. At a minimum, he could make his own label, make his own web site for sales as well as selling it on CD Baby, Amazon.com plus concert sales.  Not to mention iTunes and other on-line vendors. 

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 07:34:42 PM »

There ain't no Sanity Claus.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »

It's hard to go from just some titles in a book, but it's nevertheless interesting to see that their alleged differences with Reiley's stuff notwithstanding, Al and Mike seemed to be working on songs that could well have fit on a Holland-style album and the only Wilson brother who was similarly progressive (judging from titles, bits and released stuff) during this period is, obvioulsy, Dennis. 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx