gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:56:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB Historical Sites Thread. (Please Exclude Current PRIVATE Address's)  (Read 23652 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »

Has anyone made a Google Map of BB historical sites?

Not yet.  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »

Holland Album Cover.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pietschreuders/3228667652/

This also interesting. No replies. Could it be leftover from the Holland album?

http://thebeachboys.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=1015

Jul 14 2006, 10:27 PM Post #1 

Today, the guy who's gradually piecing together our new kitchen over a period of many months, invited me and my better half to accompany him to this warehouse out in the country to choose the tiles. To my great joy, this amazing place full of gargoyles and weird sh*t imported from Italy and elsewhere at great expense turned out to be in Baambrugge, the place to where the Beach Boys and entourage moved en masse to record the album Holland many moons ago.

Poking around while my wife examined tiles, I found hidden away from the prying eyes of the general public this roomful of musty electrical equipment. Damn, it must have been lying there gathering dust for at least 30 years...

Well, what would your conclusion be? 

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »

Speaking of Holland: go to www.the-flames.com and click on "Holland LP". Or more directly: http://www.mollenkramer.nl/the-flames/holland.htm

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

Today, the guy who's gradually piecing together our new kitchen over a period of many months, invited me and my better half to accompany him to this warehouse out in the country to choose the tiles. To my great joy, this amazing place full of gargoyles and weird merda imported from Italy and elsewhere at great expense turned out to be in Baambrugge, the place to where the Beach Boys and entourage moved en masse to record the album Holland many moons ago.

Poking around while my wife examined tiles, I found hidden away from the prying eyes of the general public this roomful of musty electrical equipment. Damn, it must have been lying there gathering dust for at least 30 years...

Given that all the studio gear was flown back to LA, my conclusions are:

1 - nothing to do with the BB...

2 - legs are being pulled.  Grin

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »

Ok. The way Al talked about how under-powered the eguipment was (WOTS podcast) you wonder why bother shipping it back!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »

Also where would the disused pier be as seen in the Tobler book pages 45-48. I have seen these pictures referred to as may be a Coca Cola shoot.

Stumbled on this story.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635154125/Beach-Boys-are-fun-fun-fun-friends.html

Turns out the location of the shoot is in Utah. The Saltair Pavillion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltair,_Utah

http://bonnevillemariner.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/old-saltair-ruins-are-all-that-remain-of-coney-island-of-the-west/

This dichotomy is best illustrated by album art from a 1967 Beach Boy’s record.  Photos show the band hanging out at a decaying Saltair II.  My favorite shot is of the boys balancing atop a tall collection of pilings that once served as a dock.  Those pilings still stand, and given their isolation, they probably will forever.
The unknown guy is Bill Hesterman, a radio DJ at the time. Also on the cover of Vol 19 of Unsurpassed Masters.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:32:10 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »

Dave Marks tour of Hawthorne. Thanks to Carrie!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHawthorne?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/q3zqUU73riY
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »

If you spend just a few minutes on a search engine, you can find the exact street address of where someone lives currently. Smiley   (Then again, one thing I found said that said person looking to sell; don't know if they actually did sell it though...)

edited for compliance
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:46:30 PM by 37!ws » Logged

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »

Fine....But that was not the intention of this thread when I started it. See my first post which I think should still apply!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »

If you spend just a few minutes on a search engine, you can find the exact street address of where Brian lives currently. Smiley   (Then again, one thing I found said that Brian and Melinda were looking to sell; don't know if they actually did sell it though....whatever it is, it's the Smile 2004 house.)

Fine....But that was not the intention of this thread when I started it. See my first post which I think should still apply!

Perhaps you should repost your premise more frequently, if you want people to toe your line, since very few of us start reading from the beginning of a thread that is more than 3 years old: 

Please pardon the grand title, but I mentioned last week the possibility of a link listing Beach Boy locations that may be of interest to fans planning trips to the LA area. Thought if I started a thread others may like to add to it, maybe tell of there visits and give some tips, this may become useful to others planning their journey.
Feel free to add anything of interest however I think private homes of various band members and associates should be off limits. Thanks!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »

I would have thought common sense would have precluded any mention of current addresses.

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »

...which is why I didn't mention a current address. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

Re the new title. All clear now I hope!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

OK, with that out of the way, what's Brian's current home address?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »

I guess I'm not as good at searching, because it took me a while to find it. Nice looking, but it's overpriced which is probably why it's not selling; or maybe the Indian migration is over and they've bought all the houses on that street they want.

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »

BTW, there were other home addresses posted, so...yeah, I'm not the first to implicitly violate it by saying you could find it with a little work. Smiley  At least that's all I said; others posted exact addresses, so nyaaaaaaaaaa.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 04:01:29 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot to post his office address: 

2200 Main Street
Susanville, CA 96130-4704

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot to post his office address: 

2200 Main Street
Susanville, CA 96130-4704

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ceiling/2170811063/

Cool. I'm on my way! w00t!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »

BTW, there were other home addresses posted, so...yeah, I'm not the first to implicitly violate it by saying you could find it with a little work. Smiley  At least that's all I said; others posted exact addresses, so nyaaaaaaaaaa.

Yes... but not current addresses. And anyway, 10452 Bellagio Road is currently a building site. Tongue

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 06:32:15 AM »

If some of you guys in California or visiting, could make pictures and post them here, so we can have a now&then-thing going on. Like trying to photograph from the same angle as one of the pictures we have from way back then.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:07 AM »

Today, the guy who's gradually piecing together our new kitchen over a period of many months, invited me and my better half to accompany him to this warehouse out in the country to choose the tiles. To my great joy, this amazing place full of gargoyles and weird merda imported from Italy and elsewhere at great expense turned out to be in Baambrugge, the place to where the Beach Boys and entourage moved en masse to record the album Holland many moons ago.

Given that all the studio gear was flown back to LA, my conclusions are:

1 - nothing to do with the BB...

2 - legs are being pulled.  Grin
Hahaha!!!! That was me, pulling legs. Nice to see it has made its way over here from that... that... other place.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 01:59:57 PM »

One for us 'geeks'! House exited by band and street used during GV promo shoot.
Holly Dr (south of 101 freeway on ramp) location just north of the Capitol Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-YzG9NZrI0

Link to the firestation, now a museum, in the shoot.

http://www.lafdmuseum.org/museum_hollywood

Hey Guitarfool2002. You seem to be the man for cutting and pasting pictures. Any chance of adding some shots to some of the sites listed on this thread? Should only take a few weeks out of your life! LOL
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

http://jssgallery.org/Essay/MFA/Museum_of_Fine_Arts.htm

Link to 'Appeal To The Great Spirit' statue as used for the Brother Records logo.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/5047_mfa_dallin_appeal_spirit-esmall.jpg
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2011, 03:55:58 AM »

[Redundant post removed]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:46:10 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:00 AM »

One for us 'geeks'! House exited by band and street used during GV promo shoot.
Holly Dr (south of 101 freeway on ramp) location just north of the Capitol Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-YzG9NZrI0

Link to the firestation, now a museum, in the shoot.

http://www.lafdmuseum.org/museum_hollywood

Hey Guitarfool2002. You seem to be the man for cutting and pasting pictures. Any chance of adding some shots to some of the sites listed on this thread? Should only take a few weeks out of your life! LOL

I'm sorry I missed this thread until now, I would have replied sooner! I'll see what I can do, depending on how much I'm able. The GV film was a labor of love, I've been obsessed with info about that thing for some time and the flood of info that week was incredible.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx