gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:35:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete CD collecion finally!  (Read 8143 times)
analogdemon
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long...

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »

My Beach Boys CD collection is now complete.  I got the last 2 two-fers that I needed today (SS/SUSA and LDC/ASL).  Every album from 1962-1996.  I'm extremely happy now. :D

I once had a dream so I packed up and split for the city.  I soon found out that my lonely life wasn't so pretty.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:04:15 AM »

Woo-foda-whoo.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
king of anglia
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »

You need the vinyl versions now. Otherwise I don't wanna know ya!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »

My Beach Boys CD collection is now complete.  I got the last 2 two-fers that I needed today (SS/SUSA and LDC/ASL).  Every album from 1962-1996.  I'm extremely happy now. :D

I'd like to challenge you on that -- Joe Thomas, who posts a lot on the "blue board" (no, that's neither the Joe Thomas of Imagination infamy nor the Joe Thomas who used to be a Chicago classic-rock DJ), self-published a book a few years ago that's basically an exhaustive Beach Boys CD discography. It's...frickin' huge. HUGE. If you REALLY want a complete Beach Boys collection on CD (even if you don't include bootlegs), you'll probably need a warehouse to store 'em.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 11:44:48 AM »

Indeed - Joe has over 1000 BB CD's - yes, all different. That, is a collection!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 11:46:14 AM »

Yeah, and unless you got Ten Years Of Harmony, Lost And Found etc. it ain't complete.

Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 11:51:20 AM »

How can Little Deuce Coupe/All Summer Long be the LAST one?

Watch out for snakes!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 12:00:44 PM »

That's what I was thinkin'!

analogdemon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »

How was LDC/ASL last?  Beacuse that's the last one I bought.  The first Beach Boys CD I bought was Smiley Smile/Wild Honey.  From there, I just started buying them in random order.  I'd be in a music store, see what they had and say "OK what do I feel like hearing once I get out of the store?"  And I'd buy whatever I felt like.  I basically bought SS/SUSA and LDC/ASL for the sole express purpose of completing my collection since I took advantage of a buy one get 3 free from BMG.  So I just bit the bullet and bought the last two just so I could say I had all the albums.  If I had to pay full price for those 2 two-fers, I'd probably never have gotten them because I just I really have had no interest in hearing any of those four albums up to this point.  But I've got them now so it's all good.

And yes, I do have Ten Years of Harmony (what a pain in the ass to find, only got it a week ago) and Lost and Found. :D  In essence, I have all the studio albums now, and much more.  The collection is complete as far as I'm concerned.  I didn't have all the studio albums until today so that's finally been rectified. haha

As far as vinyl, I'm working on it.  I've got original pressings of Smiley Smile (Duophonic), Wild Honey (Mono and Duophonic), Surf's Up, Holland, Love You, LA and KTSA.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 12:35:05 PM by analogdemon » Logged

I once had a dream so I packed up and split for the city.  I soon found out that my lonely life wasn't so pretty.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »

Hell, I STILL don't have all the twofers. As I've got everything on vinyl, frequently more than once I've kept putting off getting the ones earlier than Today and later than Love You - or the concert ones. Will do one day, they are always going for a fiver somewhere but I feel guilty buying things on CD I already have and aren't knackered unless there are either LOADS of extras or I just happen to convince myself in that second that its time i gave up resisting and bought it.

Oh for infinite cash or a better job!
SurferGirl7
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »

Only just recently finally got all of the twofers (and soon will have all the SOT's but that's another story). The BB collection is NEVER complete.  Cool
analogdemon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »

Only just recently finally got all of the twofers (and soon will have all the SOT's but that's another story). The BB collection is NEVER complete.  Cool

Amen to that.  Forgive my ignorance, but what are SOTs?

SurferGirl7
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »

SOT's (sea of tunes) are basically studio sgeltoob
analogdemon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 12:40:31 PM »

Gotcha.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »

I just I really have had no interest in hearing any of those four albums up to this point.

Great advertisement for the SMiLE Shop!

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »

How can Little Deuce Coupe/All Summer Long be the LAST one?

Hey, Beach Boys Concert/Live In London was my last one, back in 1994...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

I don't have all the Beach Boys albums by a longshot, but judging by the way I purchase complete discographies (all released up until 37 years ago, "newest" ones first, then if that's ever fulfilled, reverse-chronologically, more or less, of official studio albums from the front until 1980, as well as buying whatever contemporary new release there is of new material), my last CD is probably going to be MIU/LA.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 05:08:58 PM »

No way, get that before KTSA/BB, SIP, Cruisin' and Stars and Stripes.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 05:36:53 PM »

Well, I can't get Summer In Paradise or Still Cruisin' anyway; they don't sell them anymore.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

Yeah, "they" (whoever that is) do. Check used CD stores, Ebay, hell even Amazon sell used copies.
There's about 10,000 bootlegs with most of the greatest music the BB ever did. You can find those too.

Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 08:50:29 AM »

I assure you though, once you have SIP and Still Cruisin, you'll long for the day before when you merely wished you had them.

Me? I don't have any live discs or KTSA/ BB85. I have 85 on LP, just haven't put it on the player. I'm afeared to break it over my knee.
Jason
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 11:09:31 AM »

Man I feel really old (for a young guy), I completed my collection way back in 2001. 2002 brought the rampant bootleg collection process which has made me semi-notorious (not really).
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 02:48:35 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty much done; too.

Although, I'd suggest to try and find a copy of the 6 disc, fanmade 'The Complete U.S. Singles' Collection.

Every released mono, stereo, promo + DJ vinyl 45 that's been released.

Exhaustive, but needed; if you think you have everything and want to dig a little bit deeper.

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 08:06:43 PM »

Not so fast!!
You haven't got them all until you have this one. It took me forever to find it!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 08:08:02 PM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't mess around with Boris Love!

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx