gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681467 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 02:40:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INXS- Kick  (Read 4827 times)
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:02:56 PM »

Best first 5 songs to open an album, ever?  Rock!

Guns In The Sky
New Sensation
Devil Inside
Need You Tonight
Mediate

They should've just used the first 5 as an EP and Never Tear Us Apart as a bonus...

Not the best 5 songs ever, but as an opener to an album, holy merda!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:07:01 PM by noname » Logged
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:20:36 PM »

Dunno about mediate but like the others, its a great party album if a little swamped by its production at times. My favourite INXS album is 'Listen like thieves' which has some really great songs on it, I also like X too.
They're sort of an underrated band in some ways, Michael Hutchence was a great singer in my opinion, i'm not sure about this carrying on without him business!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
brianc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »

I like "Shooboh Shoobah" best, but "Welcome to Wherever You Are" is right up there. "Questions," "Not Enough Time" and "Beautiful Girl" are too stunning. There's a brugendy romantic Gainsbourg quality to those that INXS never approached before or after.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:44:42 AM »

What a great band!  While I may not agree that the opening songs to Kick are the best opening tracks ever, they are VERY strong. 

I was so severly dissapointed in the band a couple of years ago when they had a flippin' contest, American Idol-esque, show to find a new singer.  Just let it go!!!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »

Better than Journey finding their new singer from Youtube...

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
brianc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »

Actually, I think finding a new lead singer for a stadium rock band from YouTube is hilarious, whereas the reality show... not so much.
brianc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 03:38:30 PM »

Back on the topic of "Kick," I remember my mom telling me that she thought Michael Hutchence looked and sounded like Mick Jagger when I was a kid. She didn't know who INXS were... just saw me watching a video on MTV. I think it might have been "Devil Inside" or "Suicide Blonde." It's been so long since I've seen those videos, I have no idea what they even look like. But it's pretty rare to find those singers that can be cool and exude a non-athletic sexuality, yet at the same time come off as totally masculine. Whatever that means... I thought Michael Hutchence was a cool guy.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

That was when MTV and music videos were cool....(sigh), those were the days....
brianc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:30 AM »

I feel like it's changed for the worse, but then I don't want to jump to any conclusions, because kids still watch MTV religiously today, just as I did in those days. So maybe I'm just out of touch.

The last time I remember anticipating an INXS video was during that year when "Welcome to Wherever You Are" came out. As deeply ensconsed in the indie and alternative rock scene as I was, I still felt like that album was a monster, and couldn't believe it wasn't a big hit.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx