gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:08:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bob & Sheri - fake or the real thing?  (Read 4414 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

Just spotted this copy on Ebay. I have the 70-ies (Collectors series) reissue, and that one has other matrix numbers. Does anyone here know if this is an original?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/BOB-AND-SHERI-THE-SURFER-MOON-BEACH-BOYS-RARE-45_W0QQitemZ330233376018QQihZ014QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:02:54 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:25:14 AM »

Itīs an original copy! The price may rise up to USD 800-1.000.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:39:27 AM »

That's the real deal, sure enough... and if it goes for $1000, someone just got a huge bargain.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:43:20 AM »

hmm, I kinda expected that.... out of my price-range...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:37:32 PM »

That's the real deal, sure enough... and if it goes for $1000, someone just got a huge bargain.

Seriously, that is just too much money!! Unless you're a millionaire...

Andrew or anyone else, what other records go for this type of price?
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »

Andrew or anyone else, what other records go for this type of price?

Honeys - SurfinīDown The Swanee River (with PS)  USD 1.500+ (a couple of months ago a mint copy of the sleeve went for USD 3.605 on ebay)

Bob & Sheri - stock copy  USD 1.400

Beach Boys - Party Promo EP  USD 400-800

Beach Boys - Concert Promo EP  USD 500-750

Kenny & The Cadets - Barbie  USD 500+

Beach Boys - X 301  USD 500++

Beach Boys - BW Introduces Selections From Concert   USD 600+

(prices as seen on ebay)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »

to give an idea of what some fans will pay for a rare BB-item...

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=beach+boys&incldescr=&currency=&sortord=dprice&thumbs=

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 01:29:47 AM »

These prices are just ridiculous.  Roll Eyes But what bothers me the most is that the buyer will never, ever play the record. Or just once. I don't really see the point in owning a record that you'll never play.  Tongue

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 01:37:33 AM »

These prices are just ridiculous.  Roll Eyes But what bothers me the most is that the buyer will never, ever play the record. Or just once. I don't really see the point in owning a record that you'll never play.  Tongue

There are people that pay thousands for a rare postage stamp or an old bottle of whine, or even millions for a painting. So I don't see what's ridiculous about rare records going for a few hundred bucks.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 02:03:00 AM »

I'm okay with paying thousands for something as long as you use it. You can't use an old stamp, obviously, so the only thing you can do is putting it in your collection... But you're using it to its maximum potential. You can drink an old bottle of wine. You can watch the painting everyday.

If you keep the bottle of wine in your cellar forever, or if you put the painting in a safe, it's just stupid. The same goes for a record. Unless you just want to sell it later and hopefully make a profit out of it...  Tongue

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:04:15 AM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 02:21:51 AM »

well, that was a conservative estimation.

it ended at $2.999,00 ...

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 02:35:24 AM »

well, that was a conservative estimation.

it ended at $2.999,00 ...

Still a bargain.

Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 05:01:44 AM »

I'm okay with paying thousands for something as long as you use it. You can't use an old stamp, obviously, so the only thing you can do is putting it in your collection... But you're using it to its maximum potential. You can drink an old bottle of wine. You can watch the painting everyday.

If you keep the bottle of wine in your cellar forever, or if you put the painting in a safe, it's just stupid. The same goes for a record. Unless you just want to sell it later and hopefully make a profit out of it...  Tongue

You're entitled to your opinion about that, but  telling someone else how to collect and claiming that their enjoyment of what they buy is "wrong" is baseless unless you are a deity.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:13 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.nl/BEACH-BOYS-SMILE-BOOKLET-VERY-VERY-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ220235262007QQihZ012QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How big are the chances that this is an original one? I mean, it looks real, but so does the one that is in my collection, and that one is a 100% reproduction...

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.nl/BEACH-BOYS-SMILE-BOOKLET-VERY-VERY-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ220235262007QQihZ012QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How big are the chances that this is an original one? I mean, it looks real, but so does the one that is in my collection, and that one is a 100% reproduction...

Looks too good to me. I saw one on Ebay a year ago and this one doesn't look as realistic as the other one did.

I wonder what the one I saw a year ago went for. It was over $300,000 last I checked but I didn't see the final value.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 11:18:26 AM »

There are ways of telling...  Smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx