gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:48:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "My Intentions"  (Read 3537 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »

I just posted "My Intentions," which is almost certainly one of very few songs ever to open with the line "Dance with me, you syphilitic tramp," at:

http://myspace.com/thebeaumondes

Not-tuned guitars and banjo along with some half-assed melodica and bass? Hell yeah.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

The vocal melody, too, is uninteresting and the vocals seem weak.

But the track is killer. I love the melodica lines. The guitar almost seems percussive.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 01:28:51 PM »

I love the vocal melody, so I have to pass on that comment. In fact, it is in the same general vibe as another one I think you specifically noted not liking, the guitar-and-vocal waltz. I like both of those melodies a lot, thinking they well-fit a certain kind of traditional music vibe.  But I agree with you about the vocal performance. On one hand, I didnt want it sounding polished at all and so I didn't want to work hard on it (going for the aforementioned half-ass sound). But the result is just that it doesn't sound very good (as opposed to drunkenly charming). And the low part is out of my comfortable range. The more-centered guitar (the one playing arpeggios) was almost percussive, really plucked hard and also EQ'd oddly.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »

Actually, I liked the waltz melody, just not the vocals.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »

Oh, my bad memory strikes again, then. As long as you found something to not like, though...  Wink

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx