gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681109 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 08:14:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Blind Melon?  (Read 2698 times)
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2008, 06:09:52 AM »

I recently just found out that Blind Melon are back together (with a new singer) for the first time in 13 years and have just released a new album.  I'm a big fan of the original incarnation of the band, but this has me a little conflicted. Apparently the new singer, Travis Warren, is a huge Blind Melon fan and even has a Shannon Hoon tattoo on his back. He has the blessing of Shannon's mother and daughter, but is this really Blind Melon? I have a feeling that the band *MAY* be trying to cash in on its name. If they were to release an album under a different name, more than likely it would not sell as well as a new "Blind Melon" album. Saying that, i've heard some of  the new album and it's pretty good stuff. Either way, i'm just glad we have the closest thing possible to a follow up to "Soup" (my favourite non Beach Boys album of all time). 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 06:53:42 AM by hutchings » Logged
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:33:10 AM »

Yeah, I heard the remaining members are back together.

Same with Alice In Chains (very dear to me), as good as they are now, I miss Layne Staley, it's just not the same.  Undecided
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx